𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

Grace's POV

Grace's POV.

'' I know about the letters?'' I force myself to say but it comes out more like a question. Emilia doesn't make eye contact with me but stops on her trucks. Well that's already something, right?

'' Letters?'' She frowns for a second trying to remember, then her face kind of lights up in realization and she spins to face me. '' How many of them have you read?''

'' All. Alex had them and I wanted to know every shade of that woman who left me years ago; I wanted to find her a reason that was good enough for abandon me in George's hands, we both wanted actually.'' I'm talking about me and Alex, he had her right under his eyes and even if he was upset when he discovered, I think he's the only one who could truly forgave everything to Emilia; he loves her so much my heart melts every time he talks about her. I wish I could have those memories too.

'' And you found it?'' She anxiously rocks her weigh from one foot to the other. She defiantly is Alex's mother.

'' Nope.'' Her head falls down and her eyes shut close not to let the pain flow and take control again. So I rush to add '' we haven't found reasons good enough to forgive you or even forget about those shitty years we have been struggling around trying to get safe at the end of the day. However, we have understood. Somehow, we have managed to, because you're our mother and even when you ran off fifteen years ago, you tried to be part of our lives in any way you could manage to. We have appreciate it, although we would have liked to know about you long time ago, we understood why you did what you did, we don't justify it but we understand.'' I end and Emilia tries to suffocate the sobs that are now threatening to get away from her control.

'' I'm so sorry Grace for being this shitty excuse of a mother. You deserved much better, I am so proud of how you two turned out to be; you're gonna be such great adults the world will need people like you.'' I sigh and move my heavy, lazy feet to her direction.

I know it may be late and apologizing after eighteen years well let's say it's not the best, still it means so much she did.

'' It's okay. I'm fine now.'' I look at her from under the mess of her hair and she caresses her stained cheeks before staring up into my eyes for a second. Her glare is very intense, I don't remember ever had the chance to look her straight into her blue eyes; I've never noticed how much they look like mine too.

And then it hit me.

I could have been like her. I could have been alone and mean and tricky if Harry hadn't got me out of it right when I was about to lose myself among all that pretending. I was starting to believe my own act and the fact that Harry found what I was hiding, gave me so much strength I will never be able to truly hate him, even if I'm getting closer day by day to not feel for him like I used to. After all, time can heal almost everything.

Emilia all of a sudden steps closer and I find her arms around my neck, squeezing me so hard I think I may like it more than I should. I've been wondering what was like to be hugged by your own mother for a lifetime by now and now that I finally get it, I'm exploding with different emotions. It's like finding warmness after being alone under the rain for so long.