𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 18

Harry's POV

Harry's POV.

Grace slowly passes her hands through her hair and sighs, fisting her strands so hard I think they're going to rip away. I massage Joy's head not leaving Grace for a moment, she's zoning off and I'm starting to get worry.

I don't know if I should be talking to her or leave her alone, she looks like someone who just wants to close herself up in an empty room and scream in frustration.

I hear Joy suck her dummy, her eyelashes flattering on the bare skin over my neckline making me almost giggle for the tickle.

I open my mouth to say something but the doorbell rings and she snaps back to reality, causing me to backwards in surprise. I want to calm her down, yet there are too many people around and Grace won't let me in if we are not alone. I don't know what the hell to do.

Alex runs to greet the new guest and I take this chance to approach her.

'' Grace,'' I call her, my voice almost a whisper while I stick an hand out to caress her forehead.

'' Yes, she's here.'' Alex smiling figures makes his way inside the living room soon followed by Damien. Grace gathers all her papers feverishly and with a quick glace up at me, like she wants to ask me something I can't get my finger around it, she disappears upstairs. '' Or at least she was here.'' Alex questionably retracts and looks at me puzzled, searching for an explanation. I shrug my shoulders and mess with my hair as confused as he is. What's going on now?

Alex strolls to the tea table and collects the yellow envelop Grace left behind when she rushed out. He turns it upside down before finding something written on it and eventually reading it. His eyes fleshes with realization and the paper falls back to the ground once again.

'' Fuck,'' he murmurs and turns to face the stairs, I catch him before he can leave me here alone with Damien wondering about what just happened and make him spin to look at me.

'' What's wrong?'' I ask with my most demanding tone, rushing to get my free hand back on Joy's body.

'' I don't know it for certain. My guess is that Grace just got the letter from Harvard she was waiting and it's not good news.'' I wide my eyes and react like someone just slapped me across the face, startling couple of times before elaborate what he just said. Harvard? I mean seriously?

'' Harvard? You mean that UNI in America?'' I beg I'm messing up the names. She can't go to that fucking UNI, it's oversea, it's away from me.

'' The one and only.'' Alex crushes my hopes with a sad smirk.

Why would Grace want to go there? it's far from here, far from me and... that's the answer, she wanted to change air so she wouldn't have to deal with me. Nevertheless going all the way to USA it's exaggerate, plus what could have guaranteed her I wouldn't have get there anyway? A flight of twelve hours doesn't scare me and sure as hell it wouldn't have stopped me if I wanted to go and see her.