𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4

Start from the beginning

'' Uhm?'' I mumble and she hands me my phone. I feel cold chill running through my spine imagine what could it be the reason for her to stop speaking with Grace. I hope she didn't hang up, she wouldn't do such bad thing to a baby girl like Arlene.

'' She wants to talk to you.'' Arlene explains and when I take my phone, she jumps across the room smiling and rocking her head around like she's dancing to a music I can't hear.

I gulp down the lamp in my throat and reluctantly bring the cold device to my ear, praying what she's going to say is not so bad and harsh like I'm imagine it in my head.

'' Harry?'' Grace wonders, her voice sounds not deep and scary, just unsure. Like she's trying so hard to restrain herself from falling to the ground and laugh.

'' Yeah.'' I hear her snorting, her footsteps echoing in the empty room she's pacing in.

'' That was the worst move you could have used against me, you know that? A baby? Really? You played so low this time just because you know I'm not able to hurt little kids. This is so ..uhg'' Grace puffs and I peck at my nails, desperately.

'' I know, I'm sorry for that. Arlene... I'll take care of this okay? I feel so mortified.. I ''

'' I'm coming'' Grace blurts out and I freeze in my place, the phone falls from my hands as I stare up at Arlene that is nodding at me happily.

'' Harry?'' she worriedly scolds me and I follow her little finger that are pointing to an object on the floor. '' you make it fall.'' I shake my head and rush to take It back.

I struggle as I press it to my ear, hoping that I didn't break it or worst, that Grace have ended this phone call.

'' Harry? Did you fall from the stairs? Are you unharmed?''

'' No, well I'm not fine.''

'' Are you hurt? ''

''Yes, what? No''

'' Oh Jesus, what are you doing?'' she suffocates a loud laugh and I smile dumbly. My brain is fuming, I don't know what question I'm answering anymore. so I try to put my shit together and form a coherent statement.

'' I mean I'm fine. The only thing that has fallen, is my phone that tasted a bit of ground.''

'' Okay'' Grace ends and I lick my lips. I feel like being thrown outpace without breathable air left to keep me alive but at the same time, I'm so light I think I won't need anything else besides her cheerful tone mocking my awkwardness.

'' Are you..'' I courageously start but then my voice gets lost . After a couple of meaningless mumbling and embarrassing growls, I ask her what I really want to know. '' What I'm trying to say is, are you coming to a dinner with me, like for real?''

'' You and Arlene. Yes,'' she points out and I hit my head against the shelf. I know she didn't do it for me, but a part of me kind of like to fool itself and think Grace is coming because she wants to spend time with me.

'' Eh, Eh.'' I evilly laughs clearing my throat soon after. '' someone is becoming soft like a fluffy rainbow unicorn''

'' You'd like. I'm doing it just because you used an innocent soul to whom I can't say no.'' she mocks me and I raise a thumb to communicate Arlene we have a guest at our private dinner. She cheers and comes to hug me. I almost forgot she was there to be honest, she was waiting for me silently.

'' What time can I come to pick you up?'' I sexily whisper as I look at my hands trying hard not to let out that I'm so happy to see her I could start dancing.