Chapter 5: Part 2

This is definitely my longest chapter yet, over 5000 words. Please comment if you can find any mistakes or inconsistencies

=================

Avior sleepily cracked his eyes open at the sound of knocking on his window, an owl waiting for its master to receive their post. He grumbled incoherently, burying his head deeper into the embrace of his pillow. His breaths evened out once more, about to fall back into sleep, before his eyes shot open, and he sat up dizzyingly fast.

Avior hopped out of bed, stumbling in his drowsiness and shivering from the cold morning air, but he still made his way excitedly towards the owl. He unlatched the window, swinging it open for the owl to enter, who hooted in thanks to being relieved of their duty. He eagerly untied the letter from the owls offered claw, jumping in glee at seeing the Hogwarts crest stamped on the front. Absentmindedly giving the owl a treat in thanks, Avior jogged to the door, throwing it open in his haste.

"Mother, Father! It's finally arrived, look!" Avior shouted down the stairs after he'd made sure the bird made its way to the owlery. He hurried into the sitting room where his family gathered in the mornings, still dressed in his pyjamas. His mother, who was reading a book on healing spells, glanced up and smiled at him. She loved when he was like this, acting young and happy as he should at his age.

" Has it now? Well, we better read it then. We can head to Diagon Alley this afternoon to grab all your school supplies so that you can be ready for your first day." Before Avior could answer in agreement, his brother Orion cut in from his place at the table.

" Mother, don't you remember? Lucretia and I were planning to go tomorrow with our friends. If you'd like, Avior can come along. I bet Abraxas will be bringing Arcadius, and it shouldn't be too much trouble to persuade Marilyn and Cassius that Casimir should tag along." He smiles indulgingly towards his younger brother, seeing his growing excitement.

" Yes! Mum, please can I go with them, please~?"

Melania sighed out in defeat as she stared into Avior's puppy-like eyes. She really couldn't bear to say no. She had been looking forward to taking her youngest shopping, but to see him so excited about this, she indulged him.

" Alright, yes, you may go with your siblings and their friends."

"Yes! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!"

" But! Don't cause a single bit of trouble for either them or the others, understood?"

" Yes, mother. I promise." They shared a mutual grin before turning their attention back to his acceptance letter.

========================

"Avi, I'll head over first then you follow, Luce will be right behind you, ok? Remember to pronounce your words clearly otherwise Merlin knows where you'll end up." Orion lectured him as they made their way to one of the homes ornate floo's, Lucretia behind them snickering at her brother's fussing.

"Orion, he'll be fine, he's been flooing since he was a babe."

"But anything could happen! You know it's dangerous times now Luce, and if he ends up somewhere random, who knows what kind of threat he could face!"

"Britain's safe, Ori, and he's got a portkey on him. He knows to activate it if he feels even the slightest bit wary of a situation, as do you. Now, go on, the others expect us to arrive at any moment. We don't want to keep them waiting, especially Tom." She looks at him sternly over Aviors head, and he nods in staunch agreement.

"Right, let's head off then." Orion turns to grab a handful of floo powder, chucking it into the fire. He gives Lucretia one last look before stepping into the flames. "Diagon Alley!"