Chapter 9: Part 2

Avior finally meets Dumbledore! And has his first Etiquette lesson :) Turais also makes an appearance, showcasing his magical power.

Metamorphmagus hair colours:

Blue- sadness

Red- anger

Silver- annoyance

Pink- Embarrassment/Surprise

Orange- amusement

Black- neutral/ fear

Blonde/Yellow- Happiness

Green- Disgust

Purple- Love

White- Rage

Grey- Nervousness

Brown- Hurt

===========

Week A- Friday- 5th period- First Transfiguration Lesson

Avior had heard a lot about the famed Albus Dumbledore from his siblings and cousins, about how sly he was, the way he blatantly showed his favouritism to the Gryffindors, how sickeningly powerful the man was.

Their description had nothing on the way the professors power seemed to roll off him in waves, dampening spells doing nearly nothing to subdue it.

He strolled into the room, smiling every so often at a Gryffindor who caught his eye, not even hiding the way he trailed his eyes across the seated Slytherins in a searching fashion, distrust marring them.

Yet, when his scrutiny reached Avior, his interest peaked, eyes darting down to stare intently at his hands. Dumbledore was paying far too much attention to his bejewelled fingers, particularly the one that held his heir ring.

Avior was wary of Dumbledore, having been warned even by his parent's that he was someone to not catch the attention of, lest he be pulled into the man's grand plans.

It seemed as though he wouldn't get a choice in the matter, though, he thought to himself as the man began the customary welcoming speech, introducing himself.

" Greetings to you all. My name is Albus Dumbledore, your Transfiguration teacher as well as Deputy Headmaster. I hope that we can all get along splendidly for your next seven years here at Hogwarts." He spoke with a smile, blue eyes twinkling maddeningly at the students.

Dumbledore turned with a flourish, and with a flick on his wrist, the chalk began to write the lesson plan on the blackboard as the man himself turned back to address them once more.

" We will begin the year by learning the Transfiguration alphabet. I do not believe in waiting to begin absorbing knowledge, as all learning time is precious, so we will start right away. Please copy the diagram on the board, and then answer the question written underneath as best as you can. Do not worry if you cannot, that is why you are here, to learn and for me to teach. Now, begin."

Every student started scribbling down the diagram, focused as it was their first lesson with this teacher. Although, that would change in time, as students began to test the boundaries of how much they could get away with.

Avior looked to the question next, eyes lighting up with recognition as he remembered the lesson he and his tutor had about the subject.

'Who created the Transfiguration Alphabet, and why?'

'The Ancient Transfiguration Master, Asclepius Dentatus, created the Transfiguration Alphabet in the year 57 for the sole purpose of-'

"Mr Black, have you finished writing your response to the question on the board yet?" Dumbledore appeared suddenly, startling Casimir, who was sat to his right. The boy cursed slightly under his breath as ink splattered slightly on his parchment, but continued to write, not bothered by the mess much.