Chapter 8: Part 2

The original chapter 8 was completely different from this one, but then I changed the time table for his classes. Yes, I've sorted out a whole time table for first and second year, and the others are also planned.

I've expanded the universe quite a lot in this past month, and actually have some semblance of an idea where this story is going to go.

Chapter 9 is already written, due to it being the original 8.

Disclaimer- Yet again, I do not own the Harry Potter series. I'll probably stop with disclaimers, it's tedious to write them.=============================================It turned out that they had a whole day of lessons with the Ravenclaws for their first day at Hogwarts, which Avior was completely fine with.

It was better than being stuck with the Mudbloods that made up the majority of Hufflepuff all day or bearing with the annoying attitudes of most Gryffindors, so staunchly light it made him feel sick. Both groups made his teeth grit and skin crawl at the thought of them.

He was seated with the rest of the Slytherin's and the Ravenclaws had decided to band together, but there wasn't an obvious split in the class. The Ravenclaw's had always tolerated them far better than the other Houses, due to sharing many of their ideals.

It had been a wise decision on the teachers' part to put the Ravenclaw's and Slytherin's together for DADA. With any other House, the Slytherin's were a nightmare to be around.

" Good morning everyone, I am Professor Merrythought, your DADA teacher as well as Head of Ravenclaw. Now, don't expect any favouritism from me, those from my house, I pride myself on being a fair Professor. Now, during the course of the year, I will be mainly focusing on the theoretical aspect of Defense against the Dark Arts, but not to worry, there will be a practical part to the lesson. I expect you all to do self-study, and not to fall behind in my class, otherwise, you will face the consequences." She frowned slightly, before moving on. " Over the year, we will be focusing on a few magical creatures: The werewolf, Imps, Ghosts, Hags, Gytrashes and Vampires. I will teach you about each creature for a few lessons, before moving on after having set an essay about the creature for you to hand in. The spells we will be reviewing are the Knockback Jinx, red sparkes spell, The Verdimillius Charm, duo and tria, the wand lighting charm, the smokescreen spell and the green sparkes spell. I do expect you to have learnt these by the end of the year, but not perfected them, as we will be reviewing most of them in second year." The professor smiled, waving her wand to the board, that quickly filled up with notes. "We will be starting with Imps, please copy down these notes, I will be asking questions on the creature in twenty minutes time."

With that, she plopped herself down at her desk, already having writing to mark from her older year students, content to let the first years handle themselves.

Avior sighed as he looked at the number of words on the board. He hated writing notes but was used to it by now. His grandmother had been ruthless in his handwriting lessons, punishing him for the slightest mistakes. Hesper Black was an uptight and cold woman who held affection for barely anyone. Luckily for himself, his grandmother seemed to include him on that little list of people she could tolerate, however, the same couldn't be said for the majority of his underage relatives. Although, she did have a soft spot for his youngest cousin, Cygnus, who had just turned five.