Chapter 1: Part 1

Disclaimer: I obviously do not own harry potter, but I do any own character, the plotline and any added things in the Universe.

=================

Avior was a very aware baby, appearing to understand what was being said to him, at least to some degree. His mother, Melania, was overjoyed at this revelation. Both the Black and Peverell-Macmillan lines were renowned for producing prodigies, so she wasn't too surprised when Avior seemed to be one.

His behaviour garnered the attention of significant relatives at the yearly family gathering, which always happened a week before September the first. Mainly, his great grandmother, Ursula Black.

Ursula Black was a soft-looking woman with grey hair and light grey eyes, a trait most of the family shared. Her soft voice and patient attitude made her a much-loved family member among all generations. You wouldn't have suspected that she was a menace in her younger years, plagued by the infamous Black insanity. Although, that's the reason why she is such a prominent relative. She is the embodiment of what a Black should be, and as one of the oldest, she is a respected and feared woman. She may have been born into the Flint line, but her Black blood showed strong from when the two families had married before, generations ago.

Therefore, when Avior and his great grandmother first met, they should have expected it to be as dramatic as it was.

" Lucretia, dearie, won't you wear this pretty ribbon for mummy?" Melania cooed, trying to persuade her daughter to wear the overly extravagant piece.

" No mama! I want to wear a hat, not a silly ribbon. Make Orion wear it!" She batted her mother's hands away, pinning her focus on her impeccably dressed brother.

" Ew, I'm not wearing a yucky pink ribbon! I'm not a girl!" Orion growled out, trying to look as intimidating as a three-year-old possibly could.

Melania stifled an amused chuckle, enamoured by her adorable children.

" Ok my sweet, I'll go get you a hat."

" Thank you, mummy!" Lucretia gummily smiled, happy at having won.

Melania shared an exasperated grin with her husband who was currently struggling to get their youngest child dressed.

The baby was less than two months old -one month, three weeks and two days to be exact, she was counting- yet he was already showcasing a stubborn and headstrong personality. It was expected, he had Macmillan blood, after all.

She chuckled as she witnessed Avior kick her husband in the face as he tried to button up his little waistcoat. Wizarding children develop faster than muggle ones, so this sort of mobility was not unusual. Arcturus did not let his child's flailing hinder him though, bravely facing the little one's ire head-on in the quest for a perfectly dressed child. This wasn't as easy a task as he first thought it would be. He'd have preferred to dress Orion.

Once they were all finely dressed, not a flaw in sight, Lucretia's baby blue hat secured, Orion's hair smoothed down and Avior's clothes finally buttoned up, they headed downstairs to begin welcoming their soon to arrive relatives.
----------------
The first to come through the floo was Regulus Black and his five-year-old son, Turais.

Arcturus smiled welcomingly at his younger brother, happy that he could join them this year. He was not at the last family gathering, mourning his recently deceased wife instead. He was clutching his one and only child possessively close to his chest, who looked completely content with the situation but sighed at the sight of his older brother's raised eyebrow.

Regulus reluctantly set his son on the ground, nudging him toward his cousins. Turais scowled at his father, before hesitatingly approaching Melania.