[.𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖.]

ganymede : chapter 8

finally, you could sense the tutoring help of tsukishima rubbing off on you. 

a recent quiz in your english class seemed to be a great indicator of this, seeing as your english professor and yua seemed pleasantly surprised (not to mention your parents too). you couldn't wait to show tsukki what you had been able to accomplish with his help, envisioning a possible smile on his face. 

you wouldn't deny it - the boy did have quite handsome features (some of them kept you up at night, and you couldn't really pinpoint why), and you thought that maybe if you could see at least a small smile on his face, it would make you feel good. 

and so, you were very excited when the bell rung. as you were packing up your things at your desk, yua had come over to check up on you. 

"so, you haven't really updated me on the whole... tutoring situation. how's it been? obviously it's been helping, but like... relationship wise, you know?" yua grinned, her usual silly smile on her face. a dirty volleyball was at her hip, and you could sense that she was getting quite invested in volleyball more and more. 

"well, i guess it's going alright," you said nonchalantly, when in reality it was MORE than alright. the fact that tsukki was opening up to you slowly but surely gave you a lot of hope in the blossoming friendship. although, to be fair, from time to time you did wonder if you were striving only for friendship, but every time that thought surfaced you tried brushing it off a bit. it would be a bit silly to fall for such a stoic boy when you guys weren't even that close yet. 

"alright? c'mon y/n, give me more detail! it's been like, what, two weeks or something now? there's gotta be MORE than 'alright'," yua whined, pouting and slumping over your desk. you couldn't help but give a small smile, before sighing and continuing to speak once more. 

"i don't know what to tell you," you shrugged. "okay, well, at one point, we did go to get meat buns together after tutoring. i guess we're becoming better friends, or something of the sort."

"something of the sort?" yua repeated, looking thoughtfully into your eyes as if trying to decipher your words carefully. 

"yeah. maybe friends, maybe acquaintances. i do hope that he becomes my friend, though," you said earnestly, humming. 

"only friends? onlyyy? are you suuure?" yua giggled, trying to tease you once more. you sighed, suppressing a laugh as you shoved her playfully. 

"i'm sure," you mumbled, before checking the clock. "i gotta go, i'm gonna be late."

"bye bye!" yua's voice called out as you left the classroom. 

---

"are you sure you didn't cheat? i don't see you trying that hard in our tutoring sessions," tsukishima teased, glaring at your test paper with an incomprehensible look. 

"oi, i don't need this from you. can't you just be proud?" you retorted, crossing your arms and leaning back in your chair. 

"fine. i guess it's plausible," tsukki laughed, handing your paper back to you. "anyways, so what i'm hearing is... i'm doing a good job at tutoring, and you're getting better grades. we won't have to put up with each other for much longer, then."