𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

ganymede : epilogue

one year later

it was a breezy saturday night, the kind of night where the moon shone brightly on the sidewalk and the lampposts were nothing but stoic company. 

tsukishima kei was seated next to you in a comfortable silence as the two of you gazed upon the night sky, scattered with stars. 

slowly but surely, your fingers entangled mindlessly with his, almost as if on instinct. when did you both develop these instincts?

it's like humankind know when they're in love. love comes so naturally, in many different forms, but in the end it's all the same burning passion in its core. the instinct of pure, true love came always at the right time, never faltering or wavering. it was strong, much stronger than any ice shell any moon could build. love was the one thing that could melt away any insecurity, any harm, and replace it with ecstasy and comfort. 

love was a beautiful thing, so sweet and strong. 

love was what compelled tsukishima to open up, to self destruct for his own happiness. you were an outlier in tsukishima's organized world, where all the stars were in a perfect line and the constellations never crashed. you were the nebula in his heart, exploding with color, love and passion. a once cold moon had now been revealed to be a loving, tender creature who's only purpose seemed to be love and care. 

and so the two of you sat by the night sky, wordless but still so full of admiration, as your hands locked as one. 

"i hope i never forget you," you whispered after a moment of silence. 

"i don't think i could ever forget you, even if i tried." the response was simple yet enough. 

"that's... good," you said finally, looking up to a beautiful full moon that you now shared with tsukishima kei. 

"i love you."

those three words were the last ones spoken that night, as the night washed over the star-crossed (moon-crossed?) lovers. 

i love you too

---

a/n : and that's a wrap !

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐆𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐄 (𝐓.𝐊𝐄𝐈 𝐗 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑) 🎉