[.𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎.]

ganymede : chapter 10

"... so you straight up asked him if he liked you?" yua asked, raising her eyebrows in disbelief. 

"i think so."

"you think so? you just told me so," yua sighed, letting you rest your head on her shoulder as you two curled up on your bed. you had been venting to yua for the past hour, all about your confused feelings and whatnot. romance was very difficult, it seemed. 

"i don't know..." you mumbled, burying your face in your hands. everything was so murky, and time seemed to kind of blend together like muddy paint. everything felt so gross to you. yua had told you that maybe you were still embarrassed or wound up from the incident at the volleyball game, and that seemed like a good possibility. 

or maybe you were getting sick. coming down with the flu and missing school (and tutoring with tsukishima) seemed very favourable right now. 

"y/n, how many people have you had a crush on before?" yua suddenly asked, her voice toned down and quieter than it would be during the day. this was a vulnerable, rawer side of her that she rarely ever let out. 

"not that many, to be honest," you sighed, reaching forward for another handful of chips from yua's bowl. "i know that i'm not very... experienced at this kind of stuff. i bet i was too forward, right? he probably thinks i'm a weirdo now!"

"don't say that," yua scolded, bopping your head. "well, you said he hesitated, so that might mean that maybe he likes you too... but from what i see, both of you are HORRIBLE at this love stuff!" 

you let out a muffled giggle, before sighing again. 

"but hey... how do i know if this is a crush? it feels like i've been around him for too little to actually have developed a proper crush," you said, twiddling your thumbs. 

"how long has it been since your tutoring sessions?" yua asked, counting on her fingers while muttering numbers to herself. "three-ish weeks, right?"

you nodded. 

"that seems reasonable... and you see each other almost every day. but time doesn't really matter with this kind of stuff, to be honest. y/n, you really like him right? i think that's all that matters," yua confessed, rubbing her eyes tiredly. you shrugged in response. 

"he really helps me. he's nicer to me than to other people - i've seen him with the volleyball boys during the match, and he's not that nice to them. and when he first met me, yeah he was cold and all, but eventually he softened and he let me get closer and i felt so nice around him, and he didn't show it a lot but i think he was proud of how well i was doing with the english quizzes and all that, and i was proud of him for opening up to me more and yua - i just really don't want to screw things up. i think we've come so far, especially with our respective personalities," you spilled, attempting to hide your face and shutting your eyes tightly. oh god, being a lovestruck idiot was tiring. 

"and that's all the signs of our little y/n being in love!" yua cheered, her cheerful personality manifesting once more. she ruffled your hair, before looking out of your window. her eyes rested on the dim moon that hung in the sky, and so did yours. 

"it's dark tonight. it's not bright," you pointed out. how ironic. 

suddenly, you wondered how tsukishima was dealing with all of this.