[.𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗.]

ganymede : chapter 9

on the day of the match against aoba johsai, you got up early at the sounds of your phone exploding from notifications. they were all excited texts from shoyo, describing the directions to get to a public volleyball gym where the match was being held. 

---

shoyo shoyo

shoyo:
hi y/nn!!!!
hello hello
aaa are u up yet???/?
im so pumped for u to be there!!!!!
im sure tsukki is excited too ;D
we r ALL excited!!
ok sooo
uhh im gonna assume that ur gonna
check ur phone when u wake up right?
so here are the directions...
[shoyo shoyo shared an image]
ya!! see u in a few hours ig :))
text me back when u see this >:(
lazy lazy get out of bed

y/n:
omg uh hey
wow thanks for the directions
yep gl on your game!

shoyo:
AAAA Y/N'S AWAKE 
yuh we're stretching and warming up
i didnt tell tsukki ur coming
it will be a surprise!!

y/n:
lmao shoyo uh
i dont think it will matter to him 
like whether i come or not
lol we promised to keep our personal lives separate
or smth along those lines

shoyo:
i doNt tHink iT wiLl mAttEr tO hiM
trust me y/n :(
i think it'll make him play better!!
and i dont like tsukki all that much
but
like i said
i think ur presence will be accepted graciously

y/n:
UGH UR SO SWEET <3 <3
literally going just for u
alr im gonna go get ready now cya

shoyo:
hehe cya y/n!!!

---

of course, maybe, you had lied just a tad bit to get shoyo to stop teasing the possible attraction between you and tsukki. but, to be fair, it wasn't really shoyo's place to know about your little crush on tsukki. you decided to try and keep that to yourself, for who knows what could happen if that got out?

you got dressed and brushed your teeth before heading outside. you followed the instructions carefully, trying your best to not be late. after all, you didn't want shoyo to see up at the stands and miss you. 

maybe you were too focused on your phone while walking, but you managed to bump into someone accidentally. backtracking, you looked up and muttered out a quick apology. 

"oh, it's alright," the girl you had bumped into waved it off. in shock, you had dropped your phone on the ground, but she already had picked it up for you. "hm? are you headed to the gyms too?"

"yeah, actually. thanks," you said, tucking your phone into your pocket. 

"i'm going the same way, i could show you how to head there if you're going to watch the karasuno and aoba johsai game," she offered, pushing her glasses up her nose in one delicate motion. 

"that'd be great," you smiled, trying to hide the fact that you were slightly panicking at the fact that maybe... just maybe, you were lost. 

you followed the helpful girl around the town. she really seemed to know where she was going, like she was really experienced at this. you wondered if she was a frequent game-goer, so you decided to pitch a question to her.