The house is so much more spacious than our home in the village. Sunlight streams through the window on the high ceiling, irradiating the wooden beams & stone walls.
I glide my fingers over the polished oak dining table & savor its smoothness. The rug I step on is even softer than my bed back home.
"Do you like it?" Appa asks, smiling at my awestruck expression.
"Like it? I love it! This is too good to be true!" I lean my head back & twirl exaggeratedly.
"Hahaha. I'm glad you're happy. Anyway, I'll unpack our things, you may go & explore."
"For real?" I gasp.
"Yes. I know you're itching to see the palace. Go, but be careful & come back before it gets dark."
"Thank you, Appa! I'll see you later!" I peck his cheek & rush out the door.
A huge smile spreads across my lips as I walk along the crowded street. Everything fascinates me.
I feel like the heroine in one of my fairy tales & the prince will walk out of the corner any second.
Well, let's go see where the prince lives, shall we? I giggle to myself.

My pulse grows faster as I gradually approach the palace. However, my foot barely scrapes the first step of the stairs leading to the palace when two guards cross their spears in front of my face to stop me from moving further.
"You can't be here. Go away." One of them barks.
"I'm sorry, Sir, but I just want to see the palace." I innocently reply.
"Pfft.. Hahaha! Do you think common people like you can walk into the grand palace as you wish? Are you an idiot? Now go before I throw you into the dungeon." He sneers.
I automatically back off at his threat & walk away.
What do I do now? It's right there! I can almost touch it. No, I'm not giving up now. Hmm, maybe there's another way to get in.
I stride along the perimeter which is fenced with tall stone wall, while looking out for the guards.
"Tsk, it's completely closed in." I click my tongue in disappointment.
But when I'm about to give up, the wall suddenly transforms into lush green hedge.
I eagerly pick up my pace & soon arrive at a dead end, yet there's no door or opening in sight.
"Huh.. I guess I have to give up now." I sigh dejectedly.
A rustling sound from the hedge attracts my attention. All of a sudden, a yellowish brown cat leaps out of the shrub & steps on my feet.
"Hey, you startled me. Where did you come from?" I pick it up & pet its head.
Wait. If it could go through the hedge, then maybe..
Now that I observe it closely, the growth on the part where the cat jumped out from is less compact than the surrounding parts.
Let's give this a try.
I glance left & right and poke my hand through the hedge. It goes straight in & I can feel a clearing at the other end.
Thus, I brace myself & push my body forward through the thick bush. It's surprisingly much easier than I thought.
Apparently, there's a narrow gap in between the stone wall & the hedge & now I'm standing in it. An old wooden door is nestled in the wall in front of me & it's slightly opened.

 An old wooden door is nestled in the wall in front of me & it's slightly opened