Detroit: Become Human AU

ngl this was influenced by chro_ on insta and GraceZuniga56 on here

if smne smhw doesnt know dbh theres no spoilers for it but it is a really poggers game so

~~~

"Hi! My name is Tommy," Tommy introduced himself, eyes already flitting about his new home. "I am the android sent by CyberLife." There were three men in the room, two similar in age while one was slightly older. He was unaware of their names, so hopefully they would introduce themselves to him. He had been factory reset for some reason, a strange sensation in his fingertips as they buzzed with energy from the procedure, its effects somehow still lingering.

"Not too bad for a second-hand," The pink-haired one said, his long hair wild and tangled, brown roots noticeable. He was staring at Tommy from behind his thick glasses, and Tommy stared right back. The man quickly drew his gaze after noticing Tommy's staring, instead turning to face the other one that looked much like him, the one dressed more sensibly with wavy brown hair. Tommy made a note that the pink-haired one didn't like the eye contact.

"He looks like a kid," The brown-haired one said, concern evident in both his voice and expression. This one clearly had some qualm about Tommy's appearance; Why the fact that he appeared juvenile upset him was unknown to Tommy, but he made note of it anyway, not quite sure what to do with this new information. Perhaps he should stay out of that one's way.

"Well he was the only good one I could find," The blond with the bucket hat retorted back to him, giving Tommy a wide smile. Tommy smiled back, the warmth and genuineness of the blond easing his stress levels slightly. Tommy noted that this one was older, seemingly in charge. Tommy took a liking to this one more.

"Hello there Tommy," He continued, speaking softer and kinder than to the man before. "My name is Philza, and these two are Wilbur and Techno. You kind of had to get reset, but I hope you're alright." Wilbur looked at Tommy curiously from behind Philza, Techno returning his gaze to see more clearly from his position slumped across the couch. Philza was still looking at him with those kind eyes of his, and Tommy could tell the man was somewhat intrigued as well.

"I am good, thank you Philza," He answered with a pleasant smile of his own, glancing around the decent-sized apartment he now found himself in to look at Wilbur and Techno once more. He smiled at both of them as well, ignoring the odd aching sensation in his head. His movements and speech felt stiff, although he couldn't recall if this was unusual or not.

Philza began speaking once more, inviting Tommy on a small tour of his new residence. The three of them seemed pleasant and agreeable, surely easy to work under. Although as he was shown around the home, Tommy couldn't help but feel irked. He pushed the sensation down, surely just some side effect from his factory reset, instead continuing to smile and follow Philza and Wilbur's lead.

Everything felt off; Like he was trapped in his body, although just how this was, Tommy couldn't be sure. He didn't question why he had been reset, instead only now trying to ignore the growing pain in his head and collect data on these new people. He only continued smiling, doing as he was programmed to do.

~~~

"You've been awake for nearly thirty hours Techno," Tommy informed the sleep-deprived man, peeking his head through the open door to see him still awake, still tapping vigorously against his keyboard. Techno let out a soft yelp, instantly whipping his head around to meet Tommy's robotic eyes, his own wide and notably dark from lack of sleep. Upon seeing him, Techno let out a small grumble, taking his glasses off momentarily to rub his eyes through a yawn.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," He muttered from under his breath, putting his glasses back on and turning his attention back to the screen. "You really scared me there you know. Aren't you supposed to knock or something?" Tommy pursed his lips now that Techno's gaze was no longer upon him, the question unsettling his motor functions for some reason.