Chapter Two (Thor)

Today was supposed to be a day of celebration. Today was supposed to be a new beginning for our family. But then, Frost-Giants attacked the palace. They ruined everything. They ruined this special day.  After waiting in one of the palace rooms that had been heavily guarded, we were given the word that it was safe for us to leave. That's when I made my way back to the banquet hall. Sif, and The Warriors Three all stood just in the doorway of the hall. When I stopped in front of her, Sif flashed me a smile. "Hello, Sarah. It's good to see you're okay. Thor is in there if you'd like to go, and speak with him?" Her brow furrowed. I smile and nodded. Sif stepped aside, allowing me to step inside. I entered the banquet hall. I frowned at the banners that were still strung up from earlier.

As I stepped further inside, I spotted Thor.

Right away, I could see how anger as frustrated he was. Thor flipped over a table, causing me to jump. The loud crashing noise echoed through the hall. Seeing as he was not in a good mood, I stopped where I was, giving him some space.

When I felt a hand on my back, I looked over. It was Loki. He didn't say anything, but instead, his gaze went to our brother.

"It's unwise to be in my company right now, brother, sister." Thor glanced over at us. Loki slowly approached Thor, not bothering to listen to what Thor had said. Which, wasn't uncommon of Loki. I stayed where I was, giving them some space. "Who said I was wise?" Loki remarked.

"Today was to be my day of triumph." Thor replied.

"It will come. In time." Loki told him. Loki slowly inched closer to our brother. "If it's any consolation, I think you're right. About the Frost Giants, about Laufey, everything. If a few of them could penetrate the defenses of Asgard once, who's to say they won't try again. Next time with an army?" I listened as Loki spoke. The war with the Frost Giants, has been going on for a long time. Long before I was born. Long before even Thor was born. "Yes, exactly! They attacked our guards. Who's to say that the next time they won't attack mother? Or Sarah?"

"I understand your concern. But there's nothing we can do without defying father." Loki told him.

"Loki's right. The last thing you want is to make father upset. You know how angry he gets." I reminded. Thor looks at Mjolnir, deep in thought.

Sudden concern grew on Loki's face. "No...stop there. I know that look." At first, I felt confused. But, then it hit me. What Thor was thinking. His plan. He wanted to storm Jotunhiem. Loki, and I both shared a disapproving look.

"Thor, please no. Father would be furious with you, it's not a good idea." I walked over to where Thor and Loki was. Stopping beside them. Thor shakes his head, gripping Mjolnir tightly. "It's the only way to ensure the safety of our borders." I understand if Thor wants to keep Asgard safe, but storming into the Frost Giants territory is an idiotic idea. Thor looked from Loki to me. "Sister, this about the safety of our people."

"It's madness!" Loki remarked.

"Madness? What sort of madness?" Volstagg walked in our direction. Loki was right, it is madness. Besides, there is no way Thor could take the Jotun on his own. "Nothing! Thor was just making a jest!"Loki assured.

I crossed my arms. Thor shakes his head. "The safety of our Realm is no jest. We're going to Jotunheim." Both my mind and gut was telling me not to let Thor do this. But Thor is stubborn, and I know he won't just let it go. He'll do whatever it takes to make the Frost Giants pay for what they've done today. "Thor, please. Just think about this first. Think about the risk you'd be taking." I told him.

"If it means protecting our people, then it is a risk I am willing to take, little sister." Thor remarked. I ran my hands through my hair. He wasn't going to let anyone get in the way of this. Not even me or Loki. Fandral looked at Loki in disbelief. "What?!"