19. The Mirror of Erised

Christmas Break ended as quickly as it had begun. Ophelia had gotten back into her routine at home; baking with Ginger, sitting out in the snow-covered fields as she read, and spending every waking moment with Remus. Three weeks seemed like a lot before, it was funny how now it seemed like nothing at all.

She had been there for December's full moon, and took care of him the day after. They rang in the New Year, 1992, with butterbeer, treacle tarts and chocolate; and after that, time seemed to fly by. Time was a funny thing. When you were enjoying it, it went faster. And when you weren't, it went as slow as possible.

Soon, much to their dismay, the day to venture back to Hogwarts arrived. After long, slightly teary goodbyes; the family parted ways again, Ginger and Remus waving as the Hogwarts Express pulled out of King's Cross Station.

The train arrived back at Hogwarts later than expected. Luckily, the girls had eaten far too many sweets from the trolley witch on the duration of the train ride; so they were content to go to their common rooms without dinner. After catching up with Ron and Harry, who seemed to have a quiet but enjoyable Christmas, they went to to their dormitories in attempt to get some much needed sleep.

And it wasn't until Ophelia had just got comfortable, just fluffed her pillow to the correct fluffiness, and was perfectly warm and content under her duvet; did she hear what sounded like a stone hitting the wall outside their dormitory. She groaned, pulling her pillow over her head, but when the noise didn't stop; and only increased; she threw her slippers on her feet, grabbed her wand, and pulled a jumper over her dressing gown and opened the door to the dormitory.

She had missed being hit by a Berite Bott's Bean by a mere inch.

She walked to the edge of the stairs to see Harry, in striped pyjama bottoms and his blue Weasley Jumper, throwing beans at the wall of the girls staircase. He stopped when he saw her standing there. She almost laughed; seeing him throwing stones at the wall like a prince in a novel throwing stones at a girl's window; except he was throwing beans, and it was because there was a charm on the staircase that made boys unable to climb them, and somehow that made it all the more humorus.

It was too late for humour though.

'What do you want?' Ophelia hissed, crossing her arms.

'Come down here.' He hissed back, just loud enough for only her to hear.

Ophelia sighed, as she closed the door to their dormitory and reluctantly went down the stairs. She put her hands on her hips when she stood in front of Harry. 'I need to show you something.' Harry whispered.

She groaned. 'Harry it's late.' She said, rubbing her eyes with her hand. Whatever he was up to, would not take a small amount of time.

'It's important, Ophelia. You know I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important.' It sounded as if he was almost pleading, or begging, really. She stared at him, eyes narrowed for another moment, before she sighed. Harry was sensible. He wouldn't ask if he didn't need her.

'Alright, what is it?'

'I can't tell you. Not here. Get under this.' He said, wrapping a cloak around the both of them as he pulled her forward by her wrist.

'What? Why?' She asked, confused, as he pulled it over their heads.

'It's an invisibility cloak. Someone gave it to me for Christmas. It was apparently my Dad's.' Harry shrugged, turning to her whilst still under the cloak as Ophelia murmured 'Lumos' and they had light.

'Invisibilty cloak? Those are so rare. Are you sure?' Ophelia asked, not totally convinced.

'Positive. Ron and I have already used it.' Harry nodded.