33. Boggarts

Draco Malfoy was insufferable for the next few days. He had a broken arm, and a few minor scratches Madam Pomfrey needed just seconds to heal; yet he took great delight in milking the benefits of being hurt for the rest of the week. He got out of some classes early, because somehow the splint on his arm inconvenienced him; yet it didn't affect his ability to walk whatsoever.

It seemed only two teachers weren't scared by the shallow threats of the Malfoy's. Professor McGonagall didn't seem at all phased by his antics, not allowing him to skip his homework or to be let go early, and Flitwick didn't either.

Snape was a different story.

Draco had arrived late to Potions class by twenty minutes on Friday, saying it was due to 'arm pain'. Snape brushed it off without as much as a word. Ophelia knew if she or any of the Gryffindors for that matter, had been late they would have got at least twenty points taken away and detentions—which wasn't fair, not in the slightest, but they couldn't say they were surprised.

Then he complained he couldn't make the Potion by himself—that he needed somebody else to help him lift the heavy things and cut the ingredients. Thus, Snape went for the solution to cause the most misery,

'Miss. Lupin, you can work with Mr. Malfoy.'

He knew what he was doing. He knew they didn't get on—that none of them did really, but especially her—yet that seemed to please him.

With a huff, and a few choice words muttered under her breath, Ophelia packed up her cauldron and ingredients and made her way to sit next to Draco. She didn't say a word, as she propped open her book and continued to cut the beans she had been working with.

'What can I do?' Draco asked.

'Nothing.' Ophelia muttered, as she dropped a couple of the cut beans into the cauldron. It turned a nice deep plum colour, telling her she had done this step correctly.

'I should probably do something.' He urged on.

'Yes, you probably should but I'm sure you'll find a way to complain—so if you don't mind, I'd rather get this done with quickly.' Ophelia snapped.

Draco didn't reply, but he did lean forward to read the textbook; before he began to slice some leaves for her with his good hand.

'You hate me, Lupin?' He asked as he handed her the leaves, and she dropped them in the cauldron.

'Hates a strong word.' Ophelia replied without looking up, as she turned the page of the book to read the next step.

'Yes but-'

Ophelia had already gone to the storage cupboard, and she came back moments later holding a couple jars of ingredients. She placed them onto their table before sitting back down.

'More like strongly dislike.' She finally said, after she had dropped some dragon tears into the potion.

'Hm.'

'What? You expected a different answer?' She asked, slightly irritated as she stirred the potion three times, and then went back to read the book.

'I'd personally say you fancy me.' Draco shrugged cockily.

'You wish.' Ophelia snorted.

'And how's Potter?'

Ophelia scoffed, 'Like you'd want to know.'

'You two seem pretty close. Not dating him, are you?' Draco teased meanly.

'And what if I am?' Ophelia dared.