64. The Invitation

Dear Remus,

I hope you are doing well and adjusting to a more regular life after this past years events. Ron's still in a bit of a daze himself! The poor thing is still slightly shaken about the Scabbers situation, but I'm sure you know more than me on the matter.

Anyhow, Ron has expressed the desire to Arthur and myself to bring along his friends to the Quidditch World Cup this year on the 18th of August. We're still figuring out how to get a letter to Harry and Hermione, but I'm sure it'll all go smoothly. Arthur will be taking them. The twin's, Ginny and Percy are also going, but not Charlie or Bill. They're so busy these days! What can I say though? I'm very proud of their endeavours. Additionally, Mr Diggory and his son, Cedric will also be accompanying them, so no need to worry about supervision. I'm sure you remember Cedric? A darling little boy, but it's been years since we've seen him!

To my understanding, the 18th of August also falls on a full moon. I completely understand if Ophelia is unable to come, but I wanted to extend the offer of her staying for the rest of summer. We are happy to transport her to Kings Cross station on September the 1st. And it is no burden whatsoever, your daughter is a true delight and we would be more than happy to look after her.

Furthermore, you are more than happy to accompany them as well if you please, but again, to my understanding it is a full moon. I'm so sorry dear!

If the answer is yes, Arthur has requested her arrival by no later than the 17th of August at the burrow. He likes to be extra prepared, you see. In any case, feel free to bring her over as early as you like. Ron is very much looking forward to seeing her at one point or another, but once again — do not feel any pressure to accept. Whatever works for you works for us. Send me an owl and let me know.

Best wishes and lots of love,

Molly Weasley x

Remus peered over the parchment in his hands, smirking at the way Ophelia drummed her fingers on the table in eagerness.

"You can go." He said simply, smiling, as he placed the letter onto the table and brought his mug of tea to his lips.

"Really? Thank you!" She jumped up and kissed him on the cheek, "I have to go pack and write to tell Sirius!"

"You know, I never took you as a Quidditch fan." He smirked, placing his mug down.

"Well, I'm not. But it'll be exciting to see everybody, and Harry likes Quidditch so I suppose I should start putting in some sort of interest-"

"I'm only joking, sweets." He cut her off, chuckling, "I'm sure you'll have fun with your friends. You should go tell Ginger."

"Right! Ooh, she'll be so excited!"

Remus' lips tugged into a smile as she fled the room, letter in hand, and black curls trailing behind her as she disappeared out of view; reminiscing about when James' family had taken him and the rest of the marauders to the 403rd annual Quidditch World Cup in the summer of 1975.

...

A couple days letter, with her trunk and Sherlock's cage in hand, the three of them used the floo network to get to the Burrow on the morning of the 17th of August.