Chapter 26- Juntos novamente

Start from the beginning

"You what?" I ask and she nods.

"I'm innocent Lara I promise." She says and I roll my eyes.

"They're going to kill me Lara. You don't hate me that much do you." She says and I sigh.

"First I need you to explain to me what you were doing hosting up a bunch of people who were trying to hurt us."  I say and she furrows her eyebrows.

"Lara it's a long story but if you help me get out I'll tell you." She says and I run a hand down my face as I start to get agitated now. She's lying.

"Just tell me for god sake!" I say and she sighs.

"I had an affair, that's why your father left." She admits and I roll my eyes.

"I know this." I say and she looks at me confused. "I live with my father now." I say and her eyes widen.

"No Lara you don't understand his lifestyle, it's going to get you killed." She says and I roll my eyes.

"You can't act like you care now." I say annoyed.

"I had an affair with this Russian man. He um left when I got pregnant and thought I aborted it. I hate her but I couldn't do that Lara." She says and I could feel the anger radiating off of Jax.

"He came to me at the end of July and threatened me. I put them all I had to Lara. I had no choice.'' She says.

"Your lying." Gio says in a cocky tone behind us.

"So what if I am? Lara wouldn't let you guys kill me." She says and just as Gio steps forward I turn around and glare at him making him stay where he was.

I take a step forward closer to my mother. "You're going to tell me the truth or so help me god I'll be the one to  put the bullet in your head myself." I say in an angry tone.

"You wouldn't." My mother says as I step back beside Jax.

"Wouldn't I?" I ask and pull Jax's gun from his belt and aiming for her head. "Try me." I say and cock the gun.

"Okay fine." She says but I don't take the gun away from her head.

"I didn't know you were involved in this Lara I swear." She says.

"I knew about Alannah that's it but I didn't think you were involved I didn't even think you were stupid enough to get involved in this." She says making me roll my eyes.

"You do realise she has a gun at your head yeah?" Gio asks making her scoff.

"She isn't going to hurt me."

I shoot her shoulder and lean into her face. I'll be back down in an hour or two hopefully you've decided to tell the truth." I say handing Jax back his gun and walking back up to their office.

I wait outside the door because you need the key pad code to get in, which I didn't know.

The boys eventually came and we went into the office. "That was so bad ass and to your own mom!" Gio says as he sits in his chair.

"Thanks, I guess." I say pulling out my phone to text Amara and see if Alannah was alright.

"I just didn't expect that from you." Gio says and I nod my head slowly.

When I felt calmer we went back down to the basement where I went straight to my moms cell.

"Back for more?'' She questions making me scoff.

"Only the truth." I say and Jax puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Fine you want the truth. I was angry. I still am angry that you left me. I was left on my own for about a year, you're exactly like your father you just left!" She shouts and Jax squeezes my shoulder.