after hours; too late for your love (part two)

Start from the beginning

Jennie didn't want to see me. Did I hurt her this much?

And as I look up with a blurry vision, thunder strikes and the rain begins with an endless motion with the wind. And the funny thing is, Jennie always told me that in her arms, I would be the safest.

And I promised her, that my love for her will never be absent. It will never vanish, but where is she now? Happily in his arms.

In the rain; my tears aren't noticeable. They were like water drops of heaven-- mixed with the salt of the ocean.

The depth of every tear didn't make any sense, but each tear held it's own pain. Almost, turn by turn. They were waiting to be set free, with the help of the lonely rain.

I sat on the sidewalk and held my knees close to my chest.

I need to see her..

Jennie

I stare at the clock as the movie plays. It was past midnight now, and Kai has already fallen asleep on the couch.

My head tilts to the side so I can take a closer look at him. And, he looked so peaceful when asleep. I smiled at him and caressed his cheeks. He looked so serene-- but my heart drops when I start to remember the nights where Lisa slept in my arms, instead.

The nights where she would come back feeling very exhausted from touring and being the professional woman I knew her as. Her face haunts my existence, and I slowly pulled his arms from around me.

I can't be thinking about her. I'm happier this way.

Selfish.

I was selfish to follow that path and to actually show up to the party. That night that still flows inside of my head like a dark memory, when my best friend kissed her.

And, why did it even bother me?

I was then restless, and feeling very awake that night. I sighed heavily and walked upstairs to my room. The house was quiet and very nostalgic, almost to be in.

I walked to my room and sighed heavily.

I held my breath and opened the curtains to watch the moonlight.

The moon was up in the sky- beautiful, wide, and free.

People would mistake the moon for the sun if it wasn't for its visible size and the creeping night that made the moon seem like the prettiest thing in the scene.

I let the wind blow on my hair, the rain already made me weaken with the winter vibe. Unwillingly, I look down out the street and my heart stops.

Lisa was sleeping on the sidewalk, hugging herself from the cold.

If it wasn't for the toxic situation I was in, and the fact that we weren't a thing anymore. I would've ran outside, just to be in her arms. But, in the end.. it was too late.

I sighed heavily and left my room.

"If only you weren't late, Lisa..".

-

Lisa

I opened my eyes and woke up with the bright light of the sunlight beaming on my face- everything around me. A puzzled look is on my face when I notice that someone has their arms around me.

My body is trapped in the middle of a familiar warmth-- and the scent of the woman that I love entered my nostrils like speed. My heart stops and my vision slowly comes alive when I pull away and look at the body that is sleeping by my side.