after hours; my heart belongs to you, I'll risk it all for you (part six/end)

"I promise you will always be mine"

Author's POV

Sometimes in life, you pay for your mistakes and sometimes those mistakes become a puzzle to your being— as the universe picks you among a million to make you shine. And sometimes, there is a shallow path on the road, but you would have to take it; you would embrace the truth.

Lisa wasn't the type to give up and Jennie wasn't the type to easily move on but once she does, it's hard to go back. Their love was like an iceberg, that melted away with the sunlight. Even when the sun was a sign of positivity.

The pretty lights of the house were the first thing Jennie saw once she stepped foot into Lisa's house.

It's been so long..

so long.

They had so many memories in this place. Feeling nostalgic Jennie walked in and was greeted by Jisoo and Chaeyoung as her boyfriend trailed behind her, only to be pulled into the crowd by his friends.

"Well guess who decided to show up?". Jisoo playfully said and watched Jennie roll her eyes as she hugged Chaeyoung and then Jisoo. "There was traffic".

"Well, no shit".

"So, who decided to come here today?." Jennie asked, choosing to be straightforward.

"A lot of people actually, there are many guests and members from different ex-bands". Jennie nodded at Chaeyoung and looked around.

"If you're looking for Lisa, she's with Irene in the kitchen".

She felt disappointed.

Why would she be disappointed? Lisa wasn't hers, isn't it?

But she felt fire rise from her chest—Jennie's eyes could burn this whole house down if looks can create flames of their own. She just nodded at them before speaking, "Where are the drinks at?".

"In the kitchen?".

'Great, now it sounds like you're jealous, Jennie'. The Korean thought to herself and took her purse before heading straight to the kitchen— the huge one. There were so many famous people and that was something expected as always. Lisa was pretty famous herself.

She got greeted by a few former members of red velvet before she finally reached the kitchen.

The sight of Irene and Lisa smiling there while holding each other's gazes made her feel things that she wasn't supposed to feel. The Thai could feel Jennie's presence, but she just smiled and placed her hand on Irene's. "Thank you so much for coming here today".