sunset lover

Lisa

In the middle of the marshmallow clouds, I raise my head high and notice how the white patches of clouds moved in sync with the heat of the sun.

My hand moves out in space, as I rest my head on the sand. I smile and synchronize the joy that I felt with the gloomy gaze of the sky.

"Lisa?". Jennie calls from behind.

I raise my head to look at her, and my breath hitches. She was wearing this summer dress, that reached only below her knees- hair wide and free, the sun made her seem like a princess. Her skin was glowing against the dull light of the sun.

"Yeah?".

"We were looking for you". She nears me, with the gummy smile that I grew to admire.

I hum and raise my knees, just to place my arms on them.

She sits beside me, an unreadable look on her face, trying to distinguish my silence.

I take my time by studying the skyline that beholds the sun and its beauty.

"Woah, it's beautiful here". Her voice comes out hoarse.

"Beautiful would be an underestimation". I admit, and take hold of the moment, only to meet her eyes. "Have you ever fallen in love?".

Her question surprises me, and I'm stunned.

She looks away when I don't answer her. "You are probably thinking; why is she asking this?".

Jennie takes a heavy breath, "Well, I've read those fairytales". She started, "Where dreams become the diamond sign of someone hopeless to even think of a muse deep in the sand. And, it's like I'm surrounded by many people who were pleased with my presence.. not by who I am".

Jennie leaned her head on my shoulder, "I want to be loved.. for who I am".

Her words redeem all of my thoughts to the back of my head, and my heart flutters at the way she violently spoke of her feelings; "Do I look like a dimension full of puzzles?".

I smiled warmly, "No".

She raised her head to look at me.

"You look like Jennie Kim". She rolls her eyes at me. "No, I mean it".

"The Jennie Kim that will stun the whole world, just to stay still on her grounds like a queen".

I moved her hair to the back of her ear. "You're a beautiful Jennie Kim indeed".

My breath hitches at the way her eyes were glowing, and I'd never loved brown this much.

I pull my hand away, only to meet the sun that was waiting for the right time to set, behind the clouds-- like the shy remark on Jennie's face.

"And to answer your question, I'm not ashamed to say that I haven't fallen in love". As I look back at her, she's demanding the disappointment that is on her face.

I cheesily smile, "I'm a lover of the sun I would say". I raise my eyebrows at her and she rolls her eyes again. "Why are you always like that?".