summertime in paris

Lisa

Isn't poetry beautiful?

Specially when you're writing that line— that makes you smile as you write about them. Falling in love in December before, gave me nothing but heartache. It's like when you question your existence upon the sky's temper.

I wanted to be nothing but a simple muse to her.

And she always chose to listen to my poems ever since then.

Last Summer.

Jennie and I were sitting by the balcony in Paris— trying to admire and catch the sunset before it slips away suddenly. And maybe Jennie was chasing the last rays of the sun, but my heart chose to beat a little louder, as I watched her gummy smile shine within.

"Summertime in Paris is so beautiful". Jennie smiled. "I've been enjoying my stay here more than I thought I would, but do you know what's more fun Lisa?". She looked over at me.

"If I fall in love here.. in Paris".

I blushed, and nodded. "Love is always in the air Jennie".

Like a skyscraper, I'm enchanting the pace of the wind, and trying to fulfill a simple wish of mine; I wanted for once, to speak out, to read my emotions.. to let them out for her, to hear and indulge.

"If I wrote a poem about you, would you listen to every word until the end?".

"Of course Lisa". Jennie leaned closer, and grabbed my hand to squeeze it softly. "I would listen to anything you say".

I swallowed nervously, and grabbed the piece of paper, before opening my mouth. And it felt like I'm moments away from expressing the words that were resting on my chest.

Moments away from letting her know that I'm in love with her.

"2 p.m. Her & the happy skies". I started. "A couple words run through my head; time, acceptance, and love".

"I let my voice run away in my sleep, hold my words, and cherish the topic we are on. My heart holds you close, speaks melodies, that we will only explore". Jennie was smiling, her strawberry scent already driving me crazy as I read out loud for her.

"My mind freezes; did she feel the same?". I pause, "I became the beast of emotions, the happy joy of being frightened. And it was all for her". Jennie was a blushing mess as I spoke.

"Sweet little kisses, darkened upon the roof. I chased after you in my dreams, hoping you would feel the same". I moved my messy hair back, "You became the infinite, the little star I see upon, the happy skies at night".

"3 p.m. My one"

"I could get along with your smile, my heart and chest, beating for a certain name. You are such a beautiful muse, wrapped and enchanted, inside pretty stars".

"You said, you never experienced; the feeling of being in love. But let me take the wheel, and show you what is love, pretty Jennie". I pulled her closer to me.

"4 p.m. You; blew me away".

"The sun shines with your name,
the skies turning blue in between, your hands. I said; take me into another universe..". I looked in her lilac waves, and pretended like I was the one surfing on them.

"Let me dive into your love. Like the power of counting the stars. The rush of butterflies when it rains in Paris with you by my side".

"Speak with the sense of your emotions, cause I'm here to show you my love, Like a lake. I will let out my feels". Jennie's silence made me nervous, but I had to look in her eyes this time; the words already memorized by the smooth waves of my heart.