Part VI - New comradés.

*Previously*

"Team 9, I shall wait till next year since we have only a two-member team so I would like for them to be more skilled for insurance." - said a jōnin named Mibai.

"Aah, team 9. Uzuki Yugao and Morino Ibiki, am I correct?" - said Hiruzen to which Mibai nodded. "You lost one of your team members on a C-rank turned A-rank if I remember correctly. I planned on having Naruto here take the chunin exams with your team." - said Hiruzen to which Mibai raised an eyebrow.

"Naruto, as the Namikaze? Shouldn't he still be in the academy?" - asks Mibai.

*present*

Hearing that, Hiruzen chuckles and Naruto gets a frown on his face.

"Academy? No, he graduated four years ago." - said Hiruzen, to which most of the jōnin raise their eyebrow since they were not aware of that.

"So, is he so weak that he has failed the chunin exams and his teammates made chunin already?" - asks Mibai, followed by a few chuckles from the other jonin.

Naruto's frown just gets bigger now.

"Are they purposely trying to anger me or are they truly that clueless." - wonders Naruto, waiting for the Hokage to explain the situation.

"That is not the case, I assure you." - starts off Hiruzen. "Minato made me swear that I won't allow Naruto take the chunin exams before the age of ten a year before his death, knowing that if he rejects Naruto then he will come to me." - explains Hiruzen.

"I should also add that Naruto is certainly above the jōnin level and able to keep up and occasionally win against Kakashi. If he should win the chunin exams he will skip the chunin rank and go straight to jōnin." - says Hiruzen as he finishes his explanation.

All the jōnin in the room go wide-eyed at that statement, while Naruto gets a small smile on his face.

"Hokage-sama, you must be over-playing his abilities. There's no way a ten-year-old could be jōnin level much less rival Kakashi Hatake, one of the strongest jōnin in the village." - says one of the jōnin.

Hiruzen looks at the jōnin, then looks back at the others who all seem to agree with the man who had just spoken.

"I assure you, I have not lied but if you insist I can show you Naruto's folder where there is a registry of all the missions he has been on." - says Hiruzen as he starts opening a cabinet on his desk to take out Naruto's file.

He pulls out Naruto's file and hands it over to the jōnin closest to him so they could look at it.

"I'm sure you understand that you are not allowed to read the reports on the S-rank missions but the others you are free to look at." - says Hiruzen as a few jōnin go wide-eyed once again at the mention of S-rank missions.

As the jōnin who received the file opened it, he started reading it out aloud.

'Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze

Age: 10.

Affiliation: Konohagakure no Sato, Uzushiogakure no Sato. ( destroyed )