1.

C H A E Y O U N G

For many, Monday mornings are the worst, because it is time for them to wake up and start the day preparing to go to work and school. It goes the same for me, I woke every Monday morning to prepare myself to go to work. But Monday is the best for me. Why? It is because I get to start a new day for the new week, I can forget everything that happened last week.

"Morning young miss." Our head cook greeted me as she saw me walk into the kitchen.

"Morning, where's mom and dad?" I ask as I sat down on the chair.

"They left already young miss."

"My brother?"

"Still sleeping, young miss."

This is how my day start, it's not the best way to start my day but I don't actually care.

Me and my family, we rarely eat all together, if so, there would always be a misunderstanding that happens. It's way better to eat my food alone and peacefully than eating with the people who'll just question you.

I finished my food and left with my driver immediately.

I'm the CEO of Son Corporation, my father pass it to me while I was still in college, I was 20 at that time and now I am 24 and I honestly hate being the CEO.

Our company builds structures, we supply things like cement and cooper. We also own some hospitals, malls, hotels, condo units, and a subdivision.

"We're here young miss." My driver said and I step down the car.

I walk into the building and the employees greet me as they saw me passing by.

"Good morning Ms. Katarina."

"Hello Ms. Katarina."

"Have a great day Ms. Katarina."

That is what I usually hear from the employees.

The employees call me Katarina, the people know me as a Katarina. Only my family and my friends call me by my Korean name.

I didn't mind them and proceed to my private elevator where I and my secretary could only choose. I waited for my stop which lasted for a minute or so. Being on the top floor will take a minute to reach there.

As soon as I reach my floor, I look at the time and I'm 30 minutes early than my usual time.

The top floor is only consumed by me and my secretary. My office is connected to my secretary's, any person who wants to meet with me or see me needed to pass by my secretary first.

Walking into my office, I close the blinds on my wall glass window and turn my lights dim. I fixed my things and check some emails as soon as I sat down on my swivel chair.

My phone beeps and I checked who texted me.

From: Secretary
Morning Ms. Chaeyoung, I'm at a café right now, do you want anything?

To: Secretary
Hot choco will do, thank you.

After sending the text, I focus back on my work and waited for the time to pass by.

"Come in!" I loudly said when someone knocks on my office door.

"Morning Ms. Chaeyoung, here's you hot choco and these are the paperwork you needed to check today." Said my secretary, Myoui Mina.

"Hmm, thanks Ms. Myoui, do I have any meeting for this morning?" I ask.

"None Miss. You'll have your meeting at 2 o'clock at the Park Co-Enterprise with CEO Park and the team she gets and with Ms. Im, the team we get." She said.

"Is Ms. Im and her team ready for later?"

"Yes Ms. Chaeyoung, do you want to see the blueprint they made?"

"If they can show it to me." I said and she nodded before leaving my office.

Myoui Mina has been my secretary since I started here. She's the only person I trust here in the office. My secretary, well, she's one hella, workaholic person, she's too kind, she's friendly and she's quiet. She always focuses on her work and makes sure that she finishes her work before she heads home.

I've known my secretary back when we were still in high school, she was a grade higher than me. She's one of the famous students until we go to college but she doesn't really care about her fame, what more matters to her was her studies. She's too focused on her studies that I don't even know if she knew that we go to the same university before.

When she finally graduated, she finds for a job and when I knew that she applied as my secretary, I immediately accepted her without interviewing her. I don't need to interview her, I know that she'll do great.

Myoui Mina, she's also sweet and caring. Give her the simplest gift you could ever find and she'll treasure it like it was the most expensive thing she found in this world.

As soon as she left my office, I smiled, the smile that I never show anyone. The genuine smile that is only reserved for one person.

The person I love.

"Ms. Chaeyoung, Ms. Im is here." Ms. Myoui said and opening the door widely for Ms. Im to come in.

"Good morning Ms. Katarina, this the blueprint that I and my team made." Ms. Im said and gave me the blueprint.

Silent surrounded my office as I check the blueprint that they made. I look back at Ms. Im and she waited for the words I'll say.

"Great job Ms. Im! Keep up the great work! Ms. Myoui is right, your team is the best. I want you to present it with confidence later." I said and show the smile that everyone always sees.

"Thank you, Ms. Katarina! I'll keep up the great work." She said and smiled.

They excused themselves and I watch the two from the monitor of the CCTV on this floor. They were talking and Ms. Im was smiling widely and Mina was laughing at what Ms. Im just told her.

My eyebrows frown when I saw Ms. Im hugging Ms. Myoui. Is it necessary to hug her?

I turn off the monitor and get the paperwork that Ms. Myoui put on top of my table. Before reading the paperwork, I grab my phone and look at the photo I secretly captured.

A photo of Myoui Mina, she's smiling happily here, showing her white and beautiful teeth and showing her cute gums. She's really stunning.

"I hope I can see you smile like this in front of me." I told myself while looking at her photo.

Wondering why I'm like this?

It's because I'm secretly in love with her.