C H A P T E R 34

[34]

A L A S K A

When I walked out of the restroom I was met with loud voices and yelling, which made me quicken my pace as I walked back to the waiting area

"He's flat lining again, doc!" someone yelled loudly over the small crowd of nurses, that was rushing in and out of the ICU.

"Al!" Max shouted and ran up to me.

"Don't call me that." I muttered whereupon he sent me a questioning look but it was soon overtaken by a look of distress.

"I think there are complications, but I don't know what's going on! The nurses and doctors are all shouting that someone's flat lining and everything's so frantic and confusing!" he exclaimed.

"Who?!" I asked as I ran to the glass doors.

"Doctor, it doesn't look good! He loses to much blood!" a nurse yelled, making my anxiety increase when I spotted Leo's unconscious body.

"Charge it again! 200 joules!" the doctor demanded.

"And away from the body!"

"Shit. Again!"

"260 joules!"

Suddenly I heard it.

The beeping of the heart monitor.

I breathed out a big sigh of relief and leaned my head against the glass doors in exhaustion.

Gosh, this is so exhausting.

"Miss, are you Mr.Ivanov's guardian?" a female doctor asked from behind whereupon I quickly turned around and nodded eagerly.

"Ok, so we performed an emergency operation on him and we removed the bullet. Unfortunately there were some complications, because he lost a lot of blood already and he was still losing quite a lot, so he flatlined two times but we got him back. And there's another thing...due to the immense lost of blood, his body couldn't take it and shut down, so right now he's in a state of coma. It's unpredictable when or if he will wake up. He's being transferred to the ICU again and the next 48 hours will decide whether he will survive or not." she explained carefully.

Coma.

He's in a coma.

Nobody knows whether he will survive or not...

My fault.

It's all my fault.

"Ca-Can I go to him, please?" I suttered, the lump in throat making it hard for me to form any words at all.

"I'm afraid you can't go into his room, but you can watch him trough the window. Come with me." she smiled gently at me and gestured for me to follow, which I did after telling my brothers to either piss off or to do whatever the fuck they want.