C H A P T E R 22

[22]

X A V I E R

I groaned loudly when I rolled out of my bed and made my way to the bathroom

I groaned loudly when I rolled out of my bed and made my way to the bathroom. As I took a shower my mind drifted off to those beautiful chocolate brown eyes that I felt drawn to.

This girl had me wrapped around her fingers and she doesn't even know. She made me go crazy over the smallest of things. When some guy touched her I felt my fists tighten and when she was on the verge of crying, which was pretty rare in school, I felt my a tug at my heart strings. There were so many emotions that I felt when I was around her that I didn't even know I was capable of feeling.

And then my head wandered off to yesterday. How nervous I felt while asking her out and how a pang of disappointment hit my heart when I thought she wanted to decline. The nervosity was something completely new to me since the last time I felt it was when I was standing in front my father's office at the age of 13 after I did something stupid. I was afraid he might sent me off to a boarding school or even to jail. I was obviously exaggerating but anyways.

I quickly blowdried my hair after I slipped on some ripped jeans and a black hoodie and put on some cologne. After I was done in the bathroom I picked up a watch, put it around my wrist and shoved my phone into my back pocket. When I glanced at the clock it read 5:30pm so I hurried down the stairs.

I completely ignored my aunt as I grabbed my car keys and slipped trough the front door. My mind trailed off to what was about to happen once again. I was going on a date with Alaska Hades. I literally never had a date before. Sure, I fucked around and watched some movie with a girl here and then, but that definitely couldn't be considered a date.

After I sat down in the driver's seat of my beloved car, I started the engine and drove off into the direction of the address that she had sent me after we exchanged numbers.

-

When I approached the building my heart began to bump faster and I couldn't help the smile that crept its way onto my lips. Then the door opened and my breath hitched. She looked absolutely beautiful. She was wearing a long sleeved top and a pair of shorts, with white sneakers.

She sent me a small wave when she spotted my car and made her way over to me. As she got in the passenger seat I couldn't help but stare at her face, which was slightly scrunched up as she tried to find a comfortable position.

When she was finally sitting still I moved my hand around her to the seatbelt and grabbed it. I felt her heartbeat quicken when my face lightly brushed the tip of her nose. When I pulled the seatbelt over her, I stopped to stare into her surprised eyes.