Rainbow

Now together and happier than ever, you two start to rebuild Fontaine, hoping to make it better than before.

Starting with waterways to help drain the city,  in the case you happened to have an outburst again, the city and citizens would not have to suffer.

Slowly, one by one, the original citizens started to come back, hearing news that their archon had recovered and is welcoming them with open arms.

Fontaine also received an influx of people from Snezhnaya, hoping to start a better life.

Through this, Childe was also able to bring his siblings over, no longer needing to depend on the Fatui for their futures as they have their own archon to rely on now.

Unable to have children of your own, you took it upon yourself to raise Childe's siblings as if they were yours and Childe's, much to his delight.

——————————————————

Years have passed as you are currently sitting at your desk finishing up the last of your paperwork.

It has been a while since you took a break and now seemed like a good time. Everything was tranquil. People were content, if not happy, but you were tired.

Deciding to take a stroll down by the lake, you stop to feed the ducks.

Resting by a tree, you closed your eyes,  reminiscing the years you shared with Childe in your youth.

Giggling as you remembered when you caught Childe giving love advice to the now married Teucer. Though, the love advice was really just an excuse to retell the story of how he courted you.

With the joyous memories came the sorrowful.

You remembered being by Childe's side as he was on his death bed. Clasping his hands in yours, as he took his final breathes, "I promise, I'll wait for you in Celestia," he gently smiles as tears of happiness flowed from his aged eyes. "I, too, promise I'll meet you again," you manage to say through your sobs. "Thank you, for making my short time here blissful to the very end," he says, as he finally closes his eyes.

Opening your eyes to the present, you felt it was time.

Seeing as how Fontaine grew to be the region you two worked hard and long for, it was time to rest.

Closing your eyes once more, Fontaine experiences its first rainfall since Childe's passing, but this time there were two bright and brilliant rainbows in the sky; signaling that you kept your promise.

Fontaine will then come to be known as the legacy between a mortal and an archon.

——————————————————

End Note:
- i originally started this as a joke b/w friends and cuz i was real petty when mihoeyo gave me jean instead of childe
- this was originally gonna end with lumine x childe but after seeing some comments i felt bad so i flipped a coin and it landed on heads (happy ending), so i just made it bittersweet :P
- i prolly wont write another fanfic (unless mihoeyo decides to do me dirty again) so feel free to unfollow or such
- THANK YOU for reading and leaving comments i read through them all and they really make my day, some made me laugh lmaoaoo (you know who you are)
- hope you enjoyed this and sorry for parts that may seem contradicting or confusing i lowkey lost motivation like 5 chapters in and just went with the flow, but more ppl started to read and add this to their lists so i felt bad. and excuse bad grammar or spelling i write these very late 😀
- overall this was enjoyable and ty for a good time!! hope i was able to make one person cry at the very least 😸

edit:
- should prolly say now, lumine best girl, no lumine slander allowed in this space 😎🤏