Break

It was a new day. You had finished your missions for the week and decided to distract yourself from "them" with the rich cuisine Liyue had to offer.

Leaving your weapons and vision behind, you wanted nothing to do with the Fatui today. You simply just wanted to take a mental break, one that you very much needed.

Conveniently, Childe decided today was the day he'd accompany you on whatever job you two needed to do, not knowing that you had already finished them on your own.

Knocking on your door before letting himself in after hearing no response. "Rosetta? Are you here? Do you want to finish some jobs today?" Childe called out. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a shiny blue orb. It was your vision set on your bedside. He went over to pick it up, studying it as he wondered why you had left it behind. Something catches his eye.

A Fatui corporate mark on the back.

Your vision was a fake.

It honestly wasn't all that surprising as the Fatui are known to issue out fake visions to their employees, but it was indeed strange for a Harbinger to have possession of one.

Brushing it off, he assumes you had just forgotten to bring it with you, unlikely, but no other plausible explanation could come to his mind at the moment.

Deciding to just take it with him in the case he encounters you around Liyue, he heads off to find Lumine.

——————————————————

You made your way to the Yanshang Teahouse, where you had previously made a reservation. You entered and sat at a table for two behind a screen panel depicting Mt. Hula.

A few more customers arrived as it was lunch time. A loud couple sat on the other side of the screen continuing their loud chatter. Too concentrated on the menu in front of you, you payed them no mind.

"Rosetta."

A voice in front of you says, breaking your attention away from the menu. You look up, and there you face none other than Zhongli.

"My, what a small world. Hello Mr. Zhongli, if you are here for assistance from the Fatui, I'm afraid I'm on my day off today," you say.

"No need for formalities Y/N, just call me like you used to," he replies.

You were caught off guard. You haven't heard that name since you joined the Fatui years ago.

"Then, Rex, do you need anything from me?"

"Nothing but your time, if that is okay with you, I was hoping...we could catch up on old times. It's been years since we've last spoke," the male responds.

"Well, I was just going to enjoy a peaceful lunch to get my mind off of things, but I presume having you here wouldn't be too bad. If you don't mind, however, may we take this to the second floor, I too have some...questions that I would like to ask," you say.

"That is fine by me, it is for the best, after all, these walls have too many ears," he says as he glares at the screen behind you, going unnoticed by you.

As a hostess guides you to a private room on the second floor, the once talkative customers had ceased conversation and listened in the moment the formally attired male spoke your "name".