Replaced

*spoilers from Childe's character quest*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the next couple weeks you were alone. Every mission you and Childe were supposed to go on together was just you. Childe kept saying he would make it up to you next time, but he never did. Each time it was for the same reason. Lumine. Lumine. Lumine.

She officially replaced your position by his side. Now he's off exploring Liyue with her, ignoring his responsibilities as a Harbinger.

No words could ever describe how you felt. Hurt. Despair. Broken. They weren't enough.

You had been by his side for 4 years, hoping he would eventually accumulate the same feelings that you held for him. But instead, a stranger who he barely knew for a month, not to mention they weren't even from this world, managed to steal what you so desperately wanted for years.

You were miserable to say the least. Losing to an outlander. How pathetic.

——————————————————

You were finishing off a debt collection in Tianqiu Valley when a young kid's laughter caught your ears.

"Mr. Cyclops! Mr. Cyclops!" screams the kid.
"Calm down now Teucer and go play with the nice lady here," says the older male.

It was Childe. Your eyes light up seeing this brotherly side of him, but quickly dimmed when you saw Lumine.

Too distracted by the sight in front of you, the treasure hoarders were able to land a few hits on you, cutting your arm, not too deep but enough for it to bleed through your sleeves.

Brought back to reality by the stinging pain on your arm, you handle the stubborn treasure hoarders in a few swift movements.

——————————————————
Physically and emotionally exhausted, you retire to your quarters for the day.

Laying in bed you recounted what you saw earlier. Lumine, Childe, and his little brother, Teucer; having a splendid time.

You've never seen this side of Childe, so relaxed and giving off brotherly vibes. You didn't even know he had a younger sibling, all he ever told you was his older sister, Tonia.

Tears welled in your eyes as you realize your first love slipping away with every minute that passes.