Distortion

It has been a few months since your departure. After the first month, Childe began to worry as he hadn't heard from you since.

Did you get heavily injured? Did something come up? Are you still...here?

These recurring thoughts didn't allow him to sleep at night. He was worried sick and the lack of sleep only added to his already deteriorating mentality.

He had enough.

The next day, he went to Signora's office to inquire about your business trip so that he could go to where-ever it is you are.

"Business trip? What business trip? Rosetta didn't leave on any trip, the only thing Rosetta left was a letter of resignation," Signora replies confused.

"What do you mean 'letter of resignation?' Rosetta told me that Tsaritsa sent them on an important trip to Fontaine, but no one has heard from them since!" Childe exclaims, panicked and confused.

"I don't know what you're going on about, but it seems as though we won't be needing to visit Fontaine since we have already gotten what we needed," Signora smirks as she fiddles with a blue object in her hand, resembling that of a chess piece.

It finally clicked.

The fake vision, the meeting with Zhongli, "business trip" to Fontaine; and now, the gnosis. Your gnosis.

How did he not realize it earlier.

He knew everything about you; your likes and dislikes, the speed of your sword, all of it; but how can he honestly say he loved you when he didn't even know your true identity.