Decision

*contains spoilers from Childe's story quest*
——————————————————
The meeting with Zhongli left you contemplating whether or not you wanted to stay or return to Fontaine.

You returned to work after taking a week's break from the couple that started this internal turmoil in the first place.

Of course Celestia had other plans for you as you happened to be right at the corner before abruptly stopping after hearing a child's whine.

"I don't wanna go back to Snezhnaya! I wanna stay here with you and big brother," cries the child.

"Come on, your brother said he's putting you in charge of protecting your sister, Tonia. You don't want to let your big brother down now do you?" an angelic, soft voice replies.

It finally settles upon you that it was Lumine and Childe's little brother.

"Fine, but will you come visit us in Snezhnaya? Big brother always talks about you in his letters and how he would one day travel around the world with you," says the little boy expectantly.

Your heart drops. He...writes about her? Even more so, would drop his hard earned position in the Fatui, one you helped him gain...for her?

At that moment, you knew you had lost.

Although deep in your mind you knew this result was inevitable, a big part of you still hoped you had a chance. Even the tiniest of chances would've made you ecstatic.

But alas, it wasn't for you to choose.

It seems like Celestia was signaling you to make the final decision.