Chapter 6: Nonokai Arc (Part 3)

On that certain week, during Friday, a public announcement was broadcasted just after the bell for lunch break was rung.

[To Nonokai Kyosen of Class 1-A and Seto Kai of Class 1-B, please report to the principal’s office.]

Strange enough it was only announced once. Without further ado, I made my way towards the principal’s office and caught glimpse of Nonokai who was just about to knock on the door.

“S-Seto…” she said with a dwindling tone.

“What’s wrong?” I went near her and she was trembling with anxiety.

“I-I don’t know…” I held her hand and looked at her eyes.

“Everything’s going to be fine okay?” she somehow gains a bit of her confidence and we both knocked on the door and entered the principal’s room. As I gazed on the principal, who was a middle aged man whose fingers were interlocked with each other, he seems to have something to say to us.

“Ah, just the two people I wanted to see.” He says in a calm manner.

“Did we do something wrong sir?” Nonokai asked.

“Kyosen, you recently ran away from your house; away from your uncle am I wrong?” I kind of knew that her uncle would contact the school regarding her runaway with me.

“Y-yes. I had my reasons for doing so.”

“Good, looks like you don’t intend on lying.”

“W-what exactly did you call us for sir?” I asked boldly even though I was practically a bit anxious at that moment.

The principal then reaches for his drawer and took out a small portfolio and opened it revealing two pictures. When I took a closer look at it, it was me and Nonokai entering the studio near her neighborhood.

“T-t-this is…” Nonokai was shocked as much as I was.

“I received this yesterday and I wanted to ask you two first.”

“W-who sent you these pictures?” I asked him looking for answers.

“Does it really matter in this situation Kai? What good will it be if I told you who sent me these?”

“B-but this is..!”

“Just answer my question: are you two having a lewd relationship with each other?”

“Of course not!” we both said in unison.

“Then could you let me have the explanation for this?” the principal was a bit terrifying when it comes to these kinds of things. But, at that moment, I wanted to do something for the shock striken Nonokai and decided to tell the principal the whole story. As I tell the story, Nonokai then looked at me surprised as she holds my hand with me just realizing it a few seconds ago.

I paused a moment she held my hand and as I looked at her, I continued on narrating. Not long after, I finished it up.

“… and that’s how it is.”

“I see. You are… from Class 1-B am I right?”

“Y-yes sir.” The principal started smiling then and laughed a bit.

“I really am a fortunate principal aren’t I?” he said to himself out loud. The two of us were taken aback by his words.

“E-excuse me sir?” I asked him.

“You see, Kyosen’s guardian called up earlier and asked that she be dropped off the school. Though, I wanted to see if there really is a valid reason for that, which I assumed not.”