Chapter 11: The Telecast

Start from the beginning

"Prodigy," The sound of Travis voice snapped me out of my trance.

I looked at him.

"Here Paul gave me this shirt earlier and said for you to wear it. Plus you are needed to go get your mic and earpiece. You'll be up soon. " Travis told me.

I handed my god daughter to her mom and grabbed the shirt from Travis.

Amber gave me a hug and wished me luck. Lisa Marie gave me a kiss on the cheek. Jayson grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. He held me tight and told me he loved me. He kissed me on the cheek and I told him I loved him too.

Matt and the guys all wished me luck.

When I looked at Tyler, he had this glint in his eye. He pulled me into his embrace. His touch sent shivers to my core. I looked into his eyes and it was like we were the only ones in the building. Like time for us stood still. All you could hear was our breathing and our heartbeats.

"Do good baby girl. Don't worry about the cameras or the mic and earpiece. Concentrate on your game." He said and smiled.

That smile, I wanted to kiss him then. But not here not infront of everyone.

He kissed my forehead and I swear I was mush. How am I gonna focus now?

I pulled back from his touch and felt cold. I didn't even feel this way with Jayson or Jacob.

Following Travis's instructions I changed into a new shirt that was black with flames. And on the back had the word PRODIGY in red letters outlined in white.  I got the earpiece and mic from him as well and made my way out to the "holding" area till it was my turn to bowl.

It was time for me to take my turn  on the lanes. I was seated 3rd. So who ever won this match went and faced the number two seed. As I put my stuff down on the rack I shook hands with the winner of the number 4 seed.    Just as I did that a voice came thru the earpiece.

"Rochelle, this is Randy and I'm sitting next to Andre."

" Hey guys. How are you doing?" God I hate this. They tell you to act normal and not look at the camera. Thank you for that or they see a bag full of mixed emotions right now.

"We are good. But the main thing is how are you?" Randy asked.

"I'm good thank you. Feeling great and excited to be back." I said which is true. Except nervous from the telecast but more so to Tyler.

"Rochelle, this is Andre. Question for you. Knowing how the lanes have been used today and the oil getting pushed farther out on the lanes, how will you approach the game? Will you have to change your line?"

" Great question Andre," Mind you now I am putting on my knee brace then my shoes. I have a little stretching to do with Travis then test the lanes myself before the game starts. "As you know the bowlers today are all right handed. And I am a lefty. So the oil that they are moving around pushes to my side. Which works in my benefit. But who knows. Things can change and we have to make the best adjustments we can."

With that being said its game time. If you're watching at home, when this is broadcasted, then you'll hear me make little comments here and there.