CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO

A few days had passed in the hospital and unfortunately the hoard of blood relatives hadn't taken the hint to go home. No one wanted them there except for themselves. It was intrusive, especially with them trying to find out and discover every little thing about the people in the room.

Luckily, none of them knew I was pregnant. Thank god. I didn't need a bunch of Jesus freaks on my ass as well.

However, Liam and I needed to discuss the obvious. We needed to address everything that had led up to this point instead of tip toeing around it and pretending it didn't exist. So, Noel managed to coral every out saying he'd treat them to lunch.

Which was code for "take a couple hundred bucks and get out."

And it worked. Surprisingly.

"Never thought I'd see them all get out." Noel says, slamming the door shut, before sliding back into his seat.

"Tell me about it." Kim says from across the room. "They seem like terrible family. No wonder you never bring them up."

I look exasperated "I'm still confused as to why they're here."

Everyone shrugs, apparently there isn't a logical answer for it. But still, there's a slight happiness in the air, seeing as well, the people I wanted were now in the room. Not the psycho crazy, weird family that wouldn't stop coming back.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but could you also clear the room? I want a minute with Liam." I say softly, gesturing towards the door.

No one says anything and soon enough, we're alone once again.

"What's this all about?" He asks jokingly, taking a seat on the edge of the bed, going to hold one of my hands gently. I didn't mind. I liked how attentive and sweet he had been over the past few days. It was helping reassure me that he was actually apologetic and not just spewing words.

"We need to talk about this..all. Starting with Nicole and that whole affair." I say gently, looking at him solemnly.

"Right." He trails off, trying to think of a good place to start.

"Well. It was a party. I missed you a whole lot. Had to go because it was for the label. And the way she moved just reminded me of you. The one thing I was fucking insane for. I tried getting the phone to work, wanted to talk to you. But it didn't work."

"And you cheated?"

"There's more Birdie. I got fucking wasted, thought if I passed out the urge would go away. It didn't. So I got high. I was trying to destroy myself for you. Just to stay away from her. Then, she came up to me. We talked for awhile, and I think I called her Avery. I think I honestly thought it was you for a bit."

"So you slept with her?"

He nods. "I woke up the next morning, saw it wasn't you and ran and I've felt guilty about it since. Noel can tell you. I just, I didn't know what to do. I wanted you to know, I'm a monster when I'm drunk. I can be a terrible person. But I love you, and you're the only one for me-"

Liam begins to ramble on and on, but I cut him off and say "I understand. Really. You don't need to keep going on. But there's something else we need to talk about. From my understanding, I heard Meg say that she's pregnant."

"Yeah, that's true. But how the fuck does she know?"

I shrug "Beats me. But what are you going to do?"

"Send her money, what I do with Molly and now Lennon I guess." He looks down at the bed sheets as I smack him.

"No! Absolutely not. And what do you mean 'what you're doing with Lennon?' You are not abandoning children! Stop it."