CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

We had made it to dinner far before Courtney and Ed. Despite us being ten minutes late, we were the first to our table in the pristine, yet packed bar we were currently seated in. I'd suggested going to The Viper Room and seeing whoever was playing tonight, getting drinks and all that.

Getting a little high,

You know, Courtney and I's usual idea of a good time?

However, she'd actually disagreed with me this time, saying that she couldn't go slagging her name through the mud all the time and now that she was an actress she couldn't be doing all the things Rockstars did. Which was stupid to me.

Her first job had been as Nancy Spungen's fictional friend in Sid and Nancy.

She had then gone on to be in 50 different bands before starting Hole.

Then married a Rockstar, became friends with rockstars and musicians, released three albums that were purely beautiful and ROCK.

Now she was acting as if she was too good for it, or like she was offended by the idea of being linked to it. In my opinion, it was stupid, yet kind of sad, no one was ever going to see Courtney Love as just an actress. Rock was always going to be apart of her career, no matter how far it went.

Part of me blamed Mr. Edward Norton for it. Despite the two dating since 1996, I had failed to see ANY of this man, he and I had never met, even on the Beautiful Monsters tour. I had a feeling he didn't like me, or my "habits".

Something I shouldn't mention is how Courtney has been dealing with this whole Nirvana Rights feud between her, Krist and Dave.

Now, it seemed she wanted everyone who knew anyone involved to pick a fucking side.

I, for one, was on Krist and Dave's side as from what I'd heard, Courtney had been pushing all the legal matters aside AND had argued that Kurt was Nirvana. Not the other two.

I loved her, I really did. But what the actual fuck?

Once again, I sent my blame to Edward Norton, seeing as word on the street was, he told her to tuck this shit under the rug, and to not deal with it. I'd actually heard that from someone who knew him, surprisingly enough.

Yet, we were finally having dinner and meeting at last.

Now, focusing back on the present, I look to see Matt sipping on his water, looking around for the couple.

"How late are they going to be? Did she say anything?" He asks

I shrug my shoulders "I have no idea. She's never been this late."

"We could get our first round of drinks, because Jesus, I've been waiting all day." He bends over and kisses me before getting up and going to the bar.

I mouth a thank you, watching as he strides off over to the bar, and it feels like forever until he comes back, his usual little grin stuck on his face, and when I look into his hands, he's got a basket of chicken tenders along with our drinks.

"You shouldn't have." I joke, moving in so he can set things down on the table.

"What? I was hungry and those two aren't showing anytime soon."

I nod my head, taking my drink and sipping on it, leaning back into my seat before taking a chicken tender out.

"Careful, they're probably hot." Matt warns, acting concerned for the condition of my hands. "Wouldn't you to burn your fingers. They're pretty talented."