CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

Stepping off the plane, I grinned, looking around the empty area outside of the plane. No one else in sight, except for the airport staff greeting everyone on their way out. So far, it only looked like the main acts and their friends were here, seeing as we'd flown together as one unit privately, instead of commercial like the crew and supporting acts.

I flicked my shades down and stretched out, my bag in hand, seeing the familiar face belonging to Hole's new drummer pop out of the plane. I didn't know why they'd kicked Patty. She had been a real powerhouse on the drums, a driving force behind Hole. But all Courtney had said was that "she didn't fit the vibe."

So, enter Samantha. She was nice, sweet even and got along with everyone extremely well. Just slightly unsure of her position in the band. To be honest, I would be too if I was her.

Courtney was particular and it seemed she went around replacing people every once in a while.

Of course, Eric and Melissa being the exception.

I'd known Eric since 1991, he was a quiet guy, good natured and extremely good at the guitar, WAY better than he would admit to anyone, or even show. Courtney liked him because he was a familiar face to her, and had been with her longtime friend Drew Barrymore.

Melissa, it had taken me awhile to get used to her, as she had replaced Kristen, a close friend, who'd only passed a few weeks after Kurt. So it was hard to watch someone else play the bass lines you saw someone else write and develop, as if it were their child. But I liked her and we got along well now. Good friends even.

Samantha grinned, nudging my elbow lightly "How does it feel to be back?" She asks, looking around excitedly.

"Pretty good. I love the people here, except for a select few." I say, shrugging my shoulders

Courtney is next to pull herself off the plane, she groans, flopping the script in her hands shut and then rubbing her eyes, ever since her role in the People VS Larry Flint, the roles had started coming in more and more for her. I was proud of her, AND of Celebrity Skin.

"Don't you dare even mention their fucking names. I'd rather hear about pretty boy." She says, moaning.

"Who are we talking about?" Manson says, making his way off the plane, accompanied by a few others and Rose McGowan.

"Courtney doesn't want us to say, but think...Birdie's point of focus." Melissa says, giggling a little.

"Got it. Yeah. They seem like fucking pricks anyways. Wouldn't want to waste air talking about them."

I laugh a little at that one, the group comes all together, listening as the airport staff brings out our luggage and piles it into the car we've decided to take to the venue for the first show we're all playing tonight.

Sitting between Courtney and Melissa, I listen to the chatter from everyone, glad to see that finally everything had calmed down. Even Courtney was getting along with Manson, something no one thought would happen. In fact, I thought the tour was going to end up cancelled because of Courtney.

I'd never say it out loud.

But she'd caused a lot of the drama on the first leg of it all.

The Beautiful Monsters tour had somehow managed to live on. With a bit of "group therapy" towards the end.

Just then, someone popped open a bottle of champagne, the cap blowing around the car, causing everyone to cheer before pouring glasses for everyone.

"To us and dysfunctional behavior!" I say, lifting my glass up,

Everyone laughs and does the same before downing their drinks.