m a n o r

Draco POV
_____________

I had hard time leaving Chloé in my room sleeping alone, not being able to be with her when she wakes up, but yet again, I had no other choice.

Mother sent an owl for me, I had to go home. Although she didn't write what for, I have a very clear idea why. It's been a long time without any task, the Dark Lord surely gave me some. I just hope it has nothing to do with Chloé. I'll do anything to keep her out of this.

I quickly transported home trough the black book before Chloé realizes I'm not there. I wonder what she'll think when she wakes up alone. Damn it, I should've left her a note.

Every time I visit my home, the house gets uglier and dustier. There are no signs of my mother's beloved garden anymore, it's just dry grass and bushes. I think it has something to do with the rise of Dark Lord. Everything just seems sad and miserable.

When I walked in to the entrance hall, our house elf is already waiting for me. We've had many and many house elves, because none of them lasted longer than a year. Every time the elf knows too much, Lucius simply kills them, even though the elves can't share our secrets with anyone.

This one is probably new, because I haven't seen him yet. He looks poor, underweight and dirty.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Hermy, sir."

"Where are my parents, Hermy?"

He started walking towards the living room, so I followed him. Turns out he was right, my mother is sitting on a couch and Lucius is standing in front of a fireplace and looking right into it.

"Draco, my boy!" Shouted Narcissa when she noticed me. She immediately stood up and walked to me, her arms grabbed me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and closed my eyes for a while. I believe my mother's hug gives me very special kind of energy that I need to keep myself sane.

"Hello, Draco." Greeted me Lucius, but didn't bother looking at me. He continued staring into the fire.

"Let's sit down, shall we?" Suggested mom and we both sat down next to each other.

"Are you hungry, dear?"

"No, thank you. I just want to know my task and leave." I said.

She placed her hands on my knees and sighed.

"Lucius..." mumbled mom and my father finally took his eyes out of the fire and came closer to us.

"As you probably know, a new student transferred to Hogwarts last October..."

Oh no. If this is-

"She was sorted into Slytherin, her name is Chloé and she's in your year. Do you happen to know her?"

Suddenly, the room seems to be so warm, I feel like I'm gonna burn alive in my clothes. I quickly glanced at mom and I'm sure I saw a tear in her eye. I can't do this.

"Yes, I've heard of her." I said, trying to not make my voice crack.

"She's from Beauxbatons. Draco, she's incredibly necessary for us, as she's the only one who can show us her school for our invade. We need her."

"Mother..." I mumbled.

"Your task is to watch her, get to know her, make sure nothing happens to her. When the time comes, and I don't know when, that's up to the Lord, she will lead us to France. That's the only way it can be done."

My heart started racing so fast.

"But..."

"Draco, this is your chance to prove the Dark Lord that you're trustworthy. He told us that if you succeed in this task, you'll have a long, undisturbed life. So please, take it seriously, darling. And be careful." Said mother calmly.