|34|

January is finally coming to an end, and I'm finding it rather difficult to figure out what to buy for Harry's birthday which is this Friday, tomorrow. When I asked him, he simply told me to get him nothing, but I think we all know how that goes.

  However, I did notice on his laptop he's been looking for a cross necklace, so when he went to the bathroom I might have snooped a little bit and found the necklace at a small vintage shop that practically screams his name.

  "You're sure this is a real place?" Tiff asks as we walk down the street, my eyes scanning every inch possible to find the store.

  "Of course." I nod, Tiff nodding slowly. My eyes finally land on the small shop that is basically hidden from the world down an alley way. "There." I point.

  "That's concerning." Tiff mutters causing me to send her a look which she grins at, the two of us making our way through the crowd of New Yorkers until we finally reach the small shop, pushing the door open.

  The loud city noises are muffled and disappear when Tiff closes the door behind us, a few things rattling from the force. I send the man behind the counter a small wave as I walk further inside.

  The shop really does scream Harry's name. There's old legendary musician posters covering the exposed brick walls and the back wall in completely covered with vinyl album covers from all different musicians. The Beatles play over the speakers quietly as I wander off to the back, finding a long display case of vintage jewelry.

  "Can I help you find anything?" The mans voice causes me to look up, meeting his dark brown eyes. I simply nod my head.

  "Yeah I actually am looking for a silver cross necklace, I saw it online." I tell him. He nods with a smug look on his face like he knows exactly what I'm talking about.

  "Yeah, I've got it." He nods, sliding the glass case open from the back and pulling out the necklace Harry had been looking at. My heart leaps with excitement. "Are you looking to buy?" He asks.

  "Yes, please." I nod, glancing over at Tiff who is looking through the clothing on the far wall, her head bobbing to the music. I follow the man to the register, watching as he easily packages it in a small black stained box.

  "130 even." He states. "Buying for a boyfriend?" He questions, watching as I instead my card, my lips tugging up into a small smile as I look up at him.

  "Kind of." I speak, he nods slowly as I take my card back, shoving it back into its place before he hands me to receipt. "Thank you." I mutter. He nods, leaving me to turn and find Tiff already waiting for me.

  "He was hoping you would say no." She laughs quietly when we've excited the small store. I roll my eyes and tightly hold the bag that holds Harry's necklace. I can't wait to see it on him. "What is going with you two anyways?" She questions.

  "We're friends, very good friends." I mutter, Tiff laughing loudly as she shakes her head at me in disbelief.

  "That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard, Clover." She smiles. I roll my eyes with a grin as she nudges my shoulders. "You've surely fucked, there's no way you haven't." She continues.

  "Well there must be a way because we haven't." I voice, Tiff literally shrieking as she looks at me, earning the attention of a few others walking which she ignores.