|70|

The end of July always seem to be the hottest time of the summer, and even thought it means summer is slowly coming to an end, it's still my favorite time. The sky is completely cloudless and the ninety five degree weather is burning into my skin as the afternoon sun shines brightly. The wind is nonexistent today and I don't think I've ever wished to have even the smallest breeze before now.

I stand on my balcony in just a my bikini, my shorts covering my bottoms, the undone button and zipper exposing a little bit of the front material. My shoulders and back are hot from the sun shining perfectly down at my balcony ledge, warming the pavement beneath my feet.

   My easel is placed just before the railing, my paints set messily on the floor beside it as I stare at the blank space. My arms are crossed over my chest as I let out a small sigh, hearing my front door open and close due to my sliding door being left wide open to let the fresh air into my apartment.

   "I hate men."

   I turn around at the aggressive words to find Tiff tugging her shirt off, followed by her shorts. She's left in just a red bikini as she tosses her clothes carelessly back inside. I watch her for another moment, before sighing, knowing she won't tell me what's going on unless I ask.

   "What's wrong?" I question, my best friend groaning as she moves to sit on my newly added outdoor couch that fits perfectly between the railing and the side of my building.

   "Zayn freaked out on me this morning because I kept talking about my old friend who's phenomenal at tattooing." She grumbles. "I was just giving him an idea for a new artist and he got pissed at me." She continues, smoothing her hands over the cream cushions of the couch. "This is cute by the way."

   "Thanks it's new." I grin. "Anyways, new artist? Did Bryson quit?" I ask, Tiff sighing as she shakes her head, moving to lay down on her back, her eyes fixed on the balcony above us.

   "Unfortunately no, but with all of this attention Zayn's work is getting, he wants to look into getting another artist, he's getting overwhelmed with all of the appointments." Tiff explains causing me to nod my head slowly, staring back at my blank canvas.

   "Maybe he's jealous, I mean he probably wants you to talk about him like that." I offer, Tiff sighing and sitting up again, an annoyed expression on her face.

   "I do talk about him like that. He's literally being so dramatic." She mumbles, pulling her hair into a messy ponytail. "Can we talk about last weekend? You like disappeared, I thought you died or something." Tiff changes the subject, a small laugh escaping mg lips as I look over at her.

   "No, I'm pretty sure I didn't die." I tell her, earning a playful eye roll from her. "Harry showed up out of nowhere and we ended up leaving." I answer, Tiff furrowing her eyebrows.

   "He showed up? He's got some fucking nerve." She states. I know she's still probably pissed at Harry, that's just her best friend instincts coming out. "What happened?"

   "Well we basically screamed at each other and then I told him I loved him." I explain briefly, Tiff choking causing me to spin around to face her, her eyes wide as she stares at me. "Spur of the moment." I add quietly.

   "You said it?!" She questions loudly, her jaw slack. I roll my lips into my mouth as I nod my head slowly, a smile crawling onto her lips as she begins to laugh. "No way! I fucking knew you loved him!" She shouts, a breathy laugh leaving my lips. "He said it back, right?"