|66|

I sigh and turn to the side in the mirror of Harry's bathroom for what feels like the millionth time since I've started getting ready. I took a chance and decided to wear a small black lace top with thin straps and a pair of black high waisted jeans. I chew the inside of my cheek, running my hands over my exposed middle.

   "Clover?" Harry calls, his footsteps echoing down the hallway as he approaches the bathroom. He walks inside and glances at me through the mirrors reflection, his eyes raking up and down my body. "You look good." He tells me shortly.

   "You can see the marks." I mumble, tracing the light pink nail marks that decorate my torso. Harry furrows his eyebrows as he walks forward, standing behind me and resting his chin on my shoulder as he smooths his palms over my hips and stomach. "They're ugly."

   "No they aren't, don't say that." He mumbles, his lips grazing my ear as his chest vibrates against my back. I swallow hard as I push my hair behind my ear. The marks are probably only noticeable to me because I know they're there. But I still can't help but feel insecure about them showing.

   "I'm just gonna change, can I wear one of your band shirts or something?" I ask, Harry furrowing his eyebrows and turning me to face him fully, his eyes narrowed down at me.

   "I have no problem with that, but there is nothing wrong with this. You look so good and no one will even see the marks." He tells me, his hands gently massaging my hips. I shrug and glance down between us, tracing one of the marks. Harry takes my hand and stops the motion, intertwining our fingers.

   "Are you sure?" I ask, Harry nodding assuringly and leaning down to press his lips against mine. I respond to his lips, leaning up on my tiptoes to access him easier. "We should go soon." I mumble against his lips, feeling his hands slide down to my ass, gripping it through my jeans.

   "Let's go then." He sighs lowly, pulling away from me. He takes my hand and leads me out of the bathroom and down the hall to the front of his apartment.

   Tonight is the Fourth of July and I'm more excited than I thought I would be. Things are much better for me and I've been feeling a lot better. I'm also excited to see Niall tonight and possibly meet his almost girlfriend. Although Harry doesn't seem the least bit interested about tonight. In fact, he was pissed off when I had mentioned it to him which he failed to do for me. And I couldn't help but feel like he didn't want me to go.

   "Do you know whose party this is?" I ask Harry as we stand in the elevator, waiting to reach the parking garage level. Harry nods his head easily as he stares down at his phone, a few curls falling onto his forehead.

   "Axel James, he's an old friend of Zayn's." He explains briefly, keeping his gaze on his phone screen. I nod slowly, allowing my eyes to fall to my vans. The rest of the ride is silent, Harry typing away on his phone as I simply stare at the numbers decreasing on the small screen above the buttons.

   Since Tuesday, Harry has been on his phone a lot more than he usually is. I'm assuming he's just texting back and forth with Zayn about his car. Zayn had been right that day. Harry was looking into getting a darker tint on his car windows as well as getting new rims. I don't know why, his car seems fine to me but I don't take any interests in cars like he does.

   "Come on." Harry mumbles, pulling me out of my thoughts as the doors glide open, revealing the long and echoey parking garage. I walk slowly beside Harry as he easily finds his car, the sporty vehicle still shining like it's brand new and has yet to be driven. "Fucking idiot." Harry grumbles as he slides into his seat.