i'm in?

crowley moved towards the door but turned away without going out. his mother who was kneading bread on the table watched him amused as her son tried to go out but lost his courage at the last minute and always came back.

crowley was 15 today and was expected to get an apprenticeship any day now or else he'll be left to work on the farm for the rest of his life. crowley knew what he wanted to do. what he always wanted to do. he wanted to become a ranger.

"you should go"

his mum called to him softly. crowley glanced at her

"what if he says no"

"at least you would have tried"

crowley chewed his lip before grinning

"alright mam"

he grabbed his cloak and kissed her lightly on her cheek to prevent himself from being covered in flour.

before he could change his mind he opened the door and went outside.

he knew the way to the rangers cabin he had been there multiple times in the past years to just watch him practice or any other number of things rangers do. he hadn't seen them do magic so he concluded that Rumer was not true and that their 'powers' where just there from hard work.

he had wanted to be a ranger for as long as he could remember and now he was fifteen he could formerly apply. 

crowley crept through the forest unconsciously sticking to the shadows in the old habit aswell as moving as quietly as he could. he paused before he reached the clearing where the cabin stood.

this moment could decide how he spent his future whether he would get the apprenticeship or not it had to be perfect! he took a breath and went to walk then a hand shot out and grabbed him by the collar throwing him down to the ground. he blinked away stars and realized a pair of dark eyes where watching him he regained his feet to stand before the ranger and shuffled his feet eyes downcast. so much for the perfect moment!

"what are you doing here boy?"

"i..uh..i"

"cat got your tongue boy?"

"uh..no..sir"

"well answer my question"

"sorry sir"

the ranger grunted 

"i have a name..pitchard if your to be my apprentice that's what you'll call me"

"yes pi- wait what how did you know i was going to be your apprentice??"

crowley was stunned that the mysterious figure could have known his desire

"not many venture here unless they have a purpose and by the looks of the way you traveled here i get you don't want me to get some bandits for you"

"no si- i mean pitchard thanks so much is that it am i am i in"

"i suppose" he sighed heavily

"thanks so much!"

"don't thank me yet!"

had this half done for nearly 3 days just decided to finish it. hope you like it:) any requests or feedback will be gladly accepted:) ☕🏹🌲