Part eleven: January

When I found out Pony had finally told Johnny how he felt about him, it made me so happy and warm inside. I felt so happy for them, for so long, I suspected maybe something between them, turns out I was right!

At the end of the school day, Johnny had asked me to hang with him and Pony, of course I accepted, it's been too long since the three of us hung out. We met up at the back building, Johnny handed me a cigarette as we sat down a little away from the school. I lit it up and the two joined me. I was the girl in school that the boys seemed to have enough interest in, but the girls stayed away from me, I'm never in class, and if I am, it's never sober. My parents aren't in my life, I live with my friend Veronica and her family. Teachers and other kids always give me shit for looking "sloppy" or "masculine". I don't mind much, I've been with the greasers since my parents left me, when I was four. I like where I'm at though, I have friends, and a place to stay, I'm good.

I looked over at Johnny and saw he looked like he was watching for someone. 

"Something wrong J?" I asked.

"Oh, uh nope." He said stuttering.

I smiled and looked over the field. The soccer team was practicing, all those soc boys.

"God, they all move so weird." Pony said laughing.

"Yeah, I never got the whole, criss cross leg thing." Johnny replied.

"Oh, well you'll get it soon." Pony said with a wide smirk looking at Johnny.

"Shit, get a room you two!" I said playfully,

I saw Pony look around before leaning in to kiss Johnny, I smiled. I'm happy they are finally happy, and I'm so glad I'm someone they can be authentic around.

"You two are so cute." I added.

"Love you Jan" Pony said roughing up my long black hair,

"Yeah, Jan like seriously, you're the only person we can, you know," Johnny added on.

"Uh huh, of course, I love you guys no matter what." I looked up and grinned.

I was thrilled we were becoming friends again, after so long, I thought the greasers had something against me because I dated a soc, but I don't think that's the case.

*Couple hours later*

"Johnny's gettin' tired, we're gonna head back to mine." Pony said suddenly, "You're welcome to stay over." He added.

"I'd better get back to Ronnie's, it was so nice to hang again though, and I'll see y'all at school tomorrow" I explained.

"Right, have a good night, love you." Pony replied.

"Love..you..." Johnny said exhausted.

"Hell, I'm just gonna carry him, little baby." Pony joked and we both laughed.

After our goodbye, we went our seperate ways. It was dinner time, and usually Ronnie and I go to the seven eleven to grab something, her Dad works late, and her Mom, well it's a long story. Let's just say we're keeping a secret that gets us cash, so we keep it that way. 

Veronica and I have been friends since the fifth grade, I would probably consider her my best friend. Her family isn't soc status, but they also would not be considered greasers. I'm not sure where that leaves me, I'm still figuring out who I am.

It was half past twelve.

"I'm off to bed, Jan." Ronnie said while finishing folding clothes.

"Alright, I'll be up for a bit, but I'll go downstairs." I replied with a slight smile.

"Love you."

"Love you too Ronnie."