Chapter 35

Sasuke POV~

I hate everything.

If Kakashi hadn't been there, I was quite sure I would jump down there and smack every shinobi down there (besides the Hokage, she's okay) with a Susanoo-powered slap.

Naruto kept a calm exterior, but I recognized when he was nervous. His face would become unnaturally still, his eyes much more guarded and wary, muscles tensed and ready. It was the stance of someone who was far too used to being backstabbed.

I suppose if it was just him and not the Bijuu behind him, the Leaf ninja around the gate would be much less hostile, but they were causing him panic and I wanted to kill them so bad.

"He's grown up a lot." Iruka's voice came from beside me.

"Hn."

Iruka side-eyed me in a weirdly fond way and watched the proceedings with growing anger on his face. It wasn't an obvious anger, not like frustration or simple scolding like at the academy. This was a different anger, silent and stormy and far more dangerous. 

He didn't say anything though, and his face noticeably brightened when Naruto acknowledged us before leaving.

Kakashi stood. "Perhaps we should go welcome our new guests."

I frowned at the hostile shinobi around the Bijuu and stood as well. "Yes."

There were very few of us who were actually willing to treat the Bijuu as equals. Iruka was cautious, of course, as everyone was. He put much more trust in Naruto than the other shinobi, though, so he was fine.

I recall Naruto telling me the names of the Bijuu once. Of course, I couldn't remember all of them, but what I did remember (thanks to his insistent warning) was that the Four-Tails absolutely hated being called that. According to Naruto, I could forget all of their names but the one name I couldn't forget if I valued my life was that of Son Goku.

So, he was the one I addressed first. I remembered Isobu too. "Are you Son Goku?"

The Bijuu in question seemed impressed, "I assume you're a friend of Naruto's, if you remember my name."

"You could say that."

Tsunade stepped up beside me. "I ask that you all state your names now, just so that there's no confusion when we speak to you."

The Tailed-Beasts exchanged glances, looking quite perplexed, and introduced themselves.

"Isobu, Son Goku, and Kokuo. Got it." The Hokage muttered under her breath. Louder, she said, "We don't exactly have room inside the main part of the village, but inside the gates is a large clearing surrounded by trees. It is inside the walls, so you won't be out in the open, and it should provide some privacy. There will be shinobi around day and night, and they will remain respectful of your wishes and your space." she turned and sent a withering glare across the ninja gathered around her, "If you wish to speak to any of us, or if you would like something, feel free to ask any of them."

They blinked at her, and I'm not as good at reading their emotions as Naruto but the closest word I could find to describe how they looked was dazed.

"If it is alright with you." Kokuo said, a massive hoof scraping across the ground.

Isobu huffed, "What a time to be alive." he muttered.

Somehow, the three Bijuu managed to get into the Hidden Leaf without breaking anything, and make their way towards the clearing Tsunade mentioned with hardly any trouble at all. Their maneuverability, despite their size, was impressive to say the least. I suppose that sort of agility was what centuries of living around creatures tinier than them did. This time, they were actually trying not to destroy anything.