Epilogue

Naruto POV~

Things moved quickly from then on. 

Apparently, Orochimaru was the one responsible for reviving the four Hokage. His reasons for doing so were vague, but he didn't seem to be much of a threat anymore. He also seemed to lose interest in Sasuke, which was great. If he tried anything, nothing was stopping me from caving in his skull. 

The four Hokage also couldn't stay forever. I said goodbye to my father as he left, floating away in a column of light. After that, my heart felt lighter than ever before.

It also seemed that Obito was going back to Konoha. He wasn't allowed to walk free, obviously, having been an S-class criminal for a majority of his life, but he clearly changed. There was a deep, contemplative look on his face last time I saw him, and there was a change in his eyes.

Obito's views of the world were shifting, and for the better. I knew Kakashi would do everything he could for Obito, proving that even after everything he did Obito still had someone who cared about him. 

Of course, he would never be fully accepted within Konoha. Why would they accept him, after all the crimes he committed? 

But, when he finally walked free again, Kakashi would be there for him. I would be there for him.

Then there was me.

The Hidden Villages seemed to finally accept that I wasn't going to return to them like a lost puppy. We came to an agreement, of sorts. Nobody would try to capture me and drag me back to Konoha, and in return I would help them if they needed it. There was no more hiding, no more running away, yet at the same time I was completely free from their control.

Change was coming to the ninja world, and it was for the better.

As for the Bijuu, there were a lot of people who changed their views on them. Kurama helped a lot with that, although I wouldn't dare call him a 'Tailed Beast rights advocate.' Last time I did that he tried to throw me into a lake.

As of now, I was with Tsunade and Pervy Sage outside the village gates. The two old toads were there, too. They told me to call them 'Pa' and 'Ma,' which I was not doing.

Fukasaku sighed, "You know, if you want, we might be willing to teach you sage mode."

I blinked at him, then broke out into a grin. "Really?"

He gave me a pointed look, "I'll take it on a case-by-case basis."

I smiled, "Deal."

After that, they disappeared in a puff of smoke. I was kind of hoping they weren't joking about the sage mode thing. That shit is cool.

"So, Naruto." Jiraiya draped an arm over my shoulder. Even though I was much taller than I was three years ago, he still towered over me. "Looks like you've taken a similar path as me. 'The wandering shinobi.'" he punctuated the phrase with a wave of his hand towards the sky.

I faked a cough, "Please don't call it that."

He boomed a laugh. Tsunade smiled fondly at the two of us, then tried to hide it by slapping Pervy sage on the head and shouting at him to shut up you big oaf.

"Oi, dobe."

I turned to the sound of Sasuke's voice. He walked over, katana strapped to his back and hands in his pockets.

I looked him over contemplatively. "You done already?"

He shrugged, looking somewhat shaken. "Danzo had a lot to answer for. He..." he took a shuddering breath, "He had the eyes of my clan. He was collecting them for his own use."