Chapter 22

Kakashi POV~

We were just about to leave the village to find Sasuke when the portal appeared.

At the sudden presence behind me, I whipped around with a kunai in hand. The kunai phased right through him.

"I presume you've found out about Sasuke?" he asked. At the mention of Sasuke I froze.

"Where is he?" I demanded, already with my headband pulled up to reveal my Sharingan.

Tobi tilted his head innocently. "Don't be waving that kunai at me, now. I'm only the messenger."

I narrowed my eyes, worry shooting through me, "Where is Sasuke?"

Tobi looked much too calm when he said, "His brother Itachi asked to meet him, for a fight I presume. I simply told Sasuke-kun this news, and it seems he's gone off to battle his nii-san."

Cold terror threw a heavy pit in my stomach. Sasuke had gone to fight Itachi?

Sasuke was strong, without a doubt, but Itachi is in a league of his own. That man had defeated me with hardly any effort at all. 

I wasn't positive about Sasuke's survival if Itachi decided to go all out. 

And this masked man, standing there without a single waver...

My hands were clenched in fists. Sasuke was getting better. He'd finally learned to let go of his hate and look forward, but here comes this man who throws all that away, stabbing at Sasuke's weakest points, and tossing him right back into a place where no one, including Sasuke himself, truly wished to go back to.

"I'll ask you again." I said through clenched teeth, "Where is he?"

He made a tsk tsk sound. "It's not my place to tell."

Just then, Tenzo arrived and launched forward a wood style attack in an attempt to capture Tobi, but the man vanished without a trace.

I was shaking all over, rage fueling an angry punch to the wall.

"Fuck."

Naruto POV~

'Why is he taking so long?'

"I don't know. Shut up."

'It's been hours.'

"I don't really think so."

'But it felt like hours.'

Kurama didn't answer. Oh well. Can't argue with logic so sound.

It was extremely boring, though. I spent much of my time here practicing jutsu, forming a plan of escape, but there was only so much I could do. Kurama and I even did a few full Tailed-Beast transformations, since this was one of the few opportunities we had to test the full extent of our power without any worry of being discovered. Turns out we could do a lot, considering how many of these weird blue platforms we completely demolished.

If Tobi cared that we were slowly destroying his private little dimension, he didn't show it.

"Honestly, I'm surprised he just left us here to our own devices."

'What do you mean?'

"It's pretty obvious that, if he keeps prisoners here, they would try to escape or damage themselves or do something crazy. He would probably sedate them or something first."

'You think I'd let him do that?'

"Do you think you'd have to let him if he wanted to?"

'...good point.'