Chapter 14

The Visitor and The Broken Wolf

Astro opened his eyes slowly as he woke up feeling much relieved,

he felt the pressure of another person close to him still asleep and he could only wonder who it was,

He tried not to make any sudden movements as he turned so as not to wake the person.

'Wait, this is Aubrey' he thought to himself when he was able to look and discovered who it was beside him.

Then he discovered another presence looming right above them,

He glanced up and saw startling blue eyes staring down at them both with probably surprise and amazement those eyes.

He forgot to be stealthy and rolled a few paces away from the person then crouched, ready to pounce should it be an attack even though he knew at the back of his mind that it wasn't,

But Aubrey woke up then and she as well noticed the blue eyed lady staring at both of them in amazement.

"Nike? Nikky is that you?" Aubrey exclaimed completely knocked out of her sleepy haze as she rose to a sitting position.

"Well yes couz, it is really me, now I gotta ask, is this really you Aubrey? and who is this hotshot that finally got you to bed with him uhn?" asked the visitor Nike who apparently is Aubrey's cousin,

she had a mischievous grin on her face as she asked the question.

Aubrey glanced back at Astro who had stood up to his height during the exchange between the cousins.

She flushed visibly, getting red with shy embarrassment even as wild thoughts came to her mind;

'Was he always this tall and handsome?' She thought,

"I must have fallen asleep beside him" she said aloud as she stood up and went to hug her cousin.

"Well thanks for that clarification Miss obvious, because it didn't look like that before" Nike stated after the hug in pure sarcasm that only got Aubrey reddening some more as she went back to sit.

"Uhm, hi, I'm Astro, I work here and well I kinda live here as well, I got sick and Aubrey was kind enough to bring me here and get me treated, she must have been so tired she fell asleep next to me, I assure you it is not what you're thinking" Astro jumped in trying to save Aubrey from any other jibe attacks by her cousin.

"Oh well, hi, I'm Nike, pleased to meet you, and of course I know its not what it seems here, I just like to throw some jibe at my elder cousin here,

Believe it or not we've been trying to get her to have a boyfriend for ages now but she just wouldn't budge, so I know it wouldn't have just happened overnight, not without me knowing at least" Nike said supplying too much info and still getting Aubrey flustered.

"Ok Nikky that's enough thank you" Aubrey quickly jumped in, saving herself by stopping Nike from giving out anymore information about her personal life.