Chapter 4

Development

Astro gulped as he got up from his seat and started moving towards the center of the arena where the battle is to take place.

Almost getting there he discovered those workers had also drawn a large circle using blackwood ash, indicating the ring where the duel will hold.

He also saw Keith approach from the opposite direction bare chested, his pale skin glistened from too much oil which he'd intentionally applied for the battle's sake, oily skin prevents grappling, holding and low strikes when dueling.

His blonde hair was slickly combed back, he had more body build than Astro but was a head shorter, and his brown eyes stayed fixed on Astro's grey.

Astro had worn loose fitting cotton clothes, shirt and trouser both, he ran his hand through his hair as he thought the battle over.

Knowing fully well that even when not fully transformed werewolves can be downright dangerous because they would still have their superior senses -eyesight, hearing & balance, smell, speed and strength all enhanced - plus claws on hands and feet, and a hardened body.

He knew he had only the enhanced senses alone to a limited extent, no claws and no hardened body so taking a blow would hurt as hell hence he would have to avoid taking hits as much as he could.

He came back to awareness only to discover the announcer had been calling to him.

"I said are you ready?".

He looked over at where Lucas and Leila were and saw his friend mouth the words "You Don't Have To Do this",

then he glanced a bit more to the side and saw Sheila with worry all over her face but she smiled as their eyes met and mouthed "Be Careful".

He got his resolve then and answered the announcer,

"ready as I'll ever be"

to which the announcer then shouted "Let The Duel BEGIN!!".

Astro and Keith both stepped into the ring and Astro could see that Keith had transformed already,

not fully though as is required and the signs were just his dully glowing eyes and extended claws.

Astro knew Keith was an impatient and hotblooded type and hoped to use that as leverage against him,

sure enough Keith rushed at him and swung both his clawed hands, right first then left in quick succession aiming for Astros head with the right then his chest with the left,

Astro took a step back and swung his head backwards to avoid the right arm claw attack only to realise that he'd fallen into the trap because his chest was now bared.

He quickly took the second step back to avoid the left claw attack to his chest but still got grazed a bit by the claw on his chest and that stung quite a lot and had him landing on his butt as he lost his footing.

He immediately rolled on his side before Keith could regain his balance and launch another attack, then he got up and moved further into the ring, its safer that way so he wouldn't unknowingly step out of the ring as he evaded Keith's attacks.