His lips feel as if an anchor of grief was tied by a string to the corners of his once, uprising smirk – pulling it right down as did his stomach drop when he said again, "Eve..."

She was already looking at him, but when he called her name again, Eve's eyes only narrowed and focussed some more.

The girl could almost feel herself sink into the tedious and dull shades of the dining hall, the colour of her eyes fading as white as the walls which cage her in – for upon one good look at the man, she assumed that she only looked as dreary and uninteresting as all the other inmates which were scattered as messily as their winding thoughts, around the hall.

Dark, raven hair that softly swayed in long strands which seemed soft to the touch around his attractive face of sharp cheekbones, soft lips, a strongly prominent nose, and eyes which perfectly sat beneath the bush of defined brows – the man was also tall and broad, and even beneath the white singlet which he wore beneath his jumpsuit, which was tied around his waist, left little for her mad mind to imagine.

His eyes locked directly with her own and sent her surroundings spiralling as all was forgotten – all but the golden shimmer in the dark shade of his alluring gaze, which was almost blinding her with a magnifying awe, as his features draw tendrils of inkling reverence in the capturing of her heart's devoted chamber.

The young girl looked up at him and she felt her breath catch in her chest, but it was painfully forced as if she had been choking on something, only for someone to punch it brutally from her lungs. Mouth going just a bit dry, she swallowed numerous times, but nothing could replace the sandpaper feeling upon her tongue. The chessboard game in which she was once engrossed in, was now left lonely as her hands intertwined nervously between her exposed, bruised knees.

She bites down on her tongue and utters a bland reply, much to Kylo Ren's oncoming demise, "What do you want?"

He was a strange sight, for a stranger.

Whoever he was, to Eve he was a contrast to the bleak nature of this boring, dull and soul-consuming place. The man above her visibly tensed, his face contorting into one of confusion as his eyebrows furrow and he takes a slightly stunned, step back. The sky rumbled low, seemingly moving to his will as if the man had the power to bring what little of light was still lurking outside, in with him as if all warmth gravitated to the coolness of his pale and scarred skin.

The flickering, murky lightbulbs in the ceiling of the dining hall still manage to hit his prominent and sharp features perfectly, as if the glow was only magnifying from his body and beaconing or proving to all around him that he was quite possibly, the most exhilarating man to walk the dust of this penitentiary.

As Kylo Ren utters a brittle, "W-What?" Eve wonders how she had never noticed him here before.

If only she remembered. For Kylo Ren already knew that she was a remarkable woman, though mysterious as he is too.

She brushes him off, rolling her eyes and sighing, "Whatever. Do you mind giving me some space?" She asks blankly, pausing to flick her familiar eyes to the ticking clock perched on the bleak wall above all the indents and nail scratches, "There's only..."

Kylo's chest is pounding and every fibre of his being is trying to cling onto reality and understand what the hell is going on right now. Eve was acting distant, which must be her way of proving to the Father of the manor that she is choosing to forget about him, avoid him and prove her loyalty to her Lord.

Kylo Ren had never felt so betrayed, so lost.

How could she be so willing to refuse him, after all they had been through... even if he was the one that grasped onto her unwilling hand and dragged her through every treachery. Eve was his, she said it herself. Patient 727 rakes his dark eyes upon her, refusing to blink away the glass of jeopardy.