THREE

The ghastly black shade of nightfall brought an ominous and eerie evocative to White-Ivy Manor. 

The brickyards had been slayed with a purposeful chill, and the tall, barricaded windows, had been embellished with a slight glaze of mist – which although, it fogged up the outside world, it wasn't thick enough to muffle the screams from within.

Across the yards and through the gated fencing, is the east-wing, which though it is still connected by only a few hundred paces from the west – the difference between both sides, is a haunting drastic.

The young Sister had managed to battle the constant toss and turns of a restless night, but eventually, she manages to work through the west-wing's ongoing, howls and aggrieved cries, and falls into a deep sleep upon her new bed – where the mattress is so thin, the bruises in her spine often leave her wondering if there was even a purpose for the sheet of foam, which only moulded around the metal frames and slats beneath it. 

She dreams of nightmares, where brown eyes hunt her from the shadows and long, white fingers snap her faith into tiny shards, only to then use those pointed edges to slice her undefiled flesh open, and bury her heart beneath murky, soiled dirt. 

Suddenly, a thundering sound awoke her. 

The Sister shivered, freezing in her own skin when her eyes shot open and searched for the glowing eyes from her dreams in the dark spaces of her room. The weather was peaceful this night, but there was still a slight rustle to the tall trees outside her small window. It could've been just another scream that she had heard, another harrowing and demonic roar from the west-wing – but just as she clung onto her scratchy and thin blanket, there was another round of banging... upon her door. 

She gasped and all the hair on her body stood up for attention, even the little fly-aways upon her head of locks, where without the thick, black veil of her habit-attire, it cascaded around her frightened features. 

Her heart began to beat louder than any deathly scream, but it shouted and thrashed in the cages of her chest, instead of the cells of White-Ivy. Still in the groggy state of waking up, she couldn't quite tell if this reality was another nightmare, and when the door began to slowly open, she somewhat expected the alluring but utterly insane, Kylo Ren to walk in. 

The door croaked and scraped against the floors, which squeaked beneath the entry of polished shoes. Tears stung at her eyes, but in her frozen state, she made no effort to blink, nor wipe the water when it began to silently fall down her chilled cheeks. Knees hugged against her chest, she leaned back against the metal frame of her bed – which beneath her weight, made as much sound as the floors did, pointing her out in the shadows, even if the slight ray of moonlight, wasn't already magnifying upon her terror in the corner. 

Squinting through the smog of black, she tries to identify the silhouette of a man, who had sharp shoulders and a tall, straight stance – two little voices in the back of her mind were already screaming a name, which became a traitorous battle to both sides, on whether to stay or run away from the patient who had so easily slipped into her dreams, as he had slipped into her mind, throughout the day too.

But then the figure steps into the haze of moonlight, which snuck through her window – and although her fears immediately flee from her body, a mere flow of somewhat slander of disappointment snuck in, only for a new, harsh emotion to then smack every other feeling away and shackle her tight with utter confusion. 

Her hair, undone and tangled, curtained her face as strands stuck to her teary cheeks, which moved slow as she raised a brow and uttered into the darkness, "Father Hux?"

The Priest's eyes widened slightly, meeting the Sister's groggy stare. Father Hux was completely dressed in his usual attire of black drapes and a clerical collar around his pale neck, where in the moon's eerie illumination, his slicked back, orange hair almost blended into the white of his skin.