Not the Only One

The next morning Teuta and Anna had an early breakfast then headed out. The ride into the village was beautiful. Since the kingdom was near the ocean they had dolphins and fish in the watering holes. Waterfalls can be seen from the mountains as the bright yellow sun shines on Vera.

Anna

(Closes car door) Welcome to the town of Vera.

Teuta

(Looks around) This place is beyond amazing. I can't believe my mother never brought us here.

Anna

You all were young and energetic, keeping up with you two was more than anyone could handle.

Teuta

(Laughs) Well, I'm glad to see the town now.

Anna

Follow me, dear. I want to show you a special place.

Teuta

(Standing in front of the bookshop) Oh my goodness, this place is beautiful. (Walks into the shop) I'll be upstairs Anna.

Anna

Ok, I'll be looking over here love.

The bookshop was filled with books about history, love, space, and royalties. The main floor had romance and history, while the second floor was filled with books based on space and the ocean. Teuta found books based on poems and songs but she couldn't find one based on the song she had found.

Teuta

(Stands on the balcony) Wow, this view is amazing.

Smize

(Sighs) Just wait until the festival begins. (Teuta jumps) Sorry to sneak up on you like that. Are you okay?

Teuta

(Smiles) It's not a big deal. What's the festival?

Smize

Only the biggest party of the year. (Extends hand) Come one I'll show you. (Teuta is hesitant) It's okay I won't bite.

Teuta

(Smiles then takes his hand) Okay.

Smize

Oh, I'm Smize by the way.

Teuta

Nice to meet you. I'm Teuta.

Smize

Lovely to meet you too.

They headed downstairs and told Anna that they wanted to go to the festival. The guards watched the Princess as she talked to the townspeople and played games. Anna talked to some of the people as well because she grew up around the town.

Smize

So I've never seen you around town. Are you hiding or something?

Teuta

(Laughs) In a way yes but also no. (Sighs) I live in the castle and my mother believes that I should stay in, well up until now at least.